Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Killed Mme. Danger

So a couple of days ago I posted all those zen-like, philosophical thoughts on what's really important in life, and today I'm sitting here eating cookies on my living room couch committing murder. Isn't that always the way? Le Sigh.

I did it. I killed off Mme. Danger. I was going to put up the pic of me with my little black bandit mask so you could get one last look, but in the end just couldn't. Now that no one showed up to my little rascally party it's just sad, and embarrassing (if I'm not supergirl I'm just some ass with her underwear outside of her tights). And it makes me a little crabby to be honest, but what doesn't this week?

Mme. Danger never saw it coming. One day she was just going about her adventurey, outsidey, maybe slightly delinquent business, and the next she just ceased to exist. Wow. So glad nothing like that will ever happen to me aren't you? (wink)

Tuesday was rather actiony. I took Penny over to the mountain bike trail. I'm getting progressively dareyer. (I'm a writer. I'm allowed to make up words, or wirdz, whatever.) I'm still a different animal though, than the other mountain bikers. (What is new?-- I feel like a fricking unicorn half the time anyway.) When it gets to the point that I'm whizzing all over over there it won't be because I'm being all reckless, it'll be because I've gotten that good. I like to go fast but am afraid of crashing, so my progress is incremental but steady.

I did wind up ahead of a guy though (yes because he stopped to adjust clothing), who looked very mountain bikey, (mountain bikey = young (most are younger than me) muscly, with a determined, perhaps even psychotically death defying look on their face, like they're secretly hoping for some kind of giant cliff to appear they'll have to go flying off, preferably over a rocky gorge full of grizzly bears) and I got massive "person-in-front syndrome" and absolutely flew through the pretty easy section we were in, not wanting to be in his way, or- hilariously- for him to have to (or be able to) (delusional much? why yes!) pass me. He wasn't right on my ass (I'm sure only out of politeness or "taking it easy"), but he was back there. It was definitely the fastest ride I've had so far with the fewest mistakes.

After that I went kayaking with Trusty Pam. We're preparing for our race Sat. I suggested the gold pants as a race strategy-- when people stop and stare open mouthed, aghast, we could pass them. But no, we're both too chicken. Our outfits will probably involve rubber rain boots. : /

It was windy again, plus I was homicidally crabby. I came up with a perfect T-shirt slogan-- "Wind: It effing blows". At one point my arms were about to combust and the stupid wind was totally pissing me off. I told her, "If I could lift my arms, and it were possible, I'd beat the living hell out of this effing wind!" She took the opportunity to trash talk me and laugh like any self-respecting Danger Girl. Tonight we go again- race length-- almost fifteen miles we'd like to do in 2 hours. Right. Supposed to be windy again. Grrr.

Yeah, despite my earlier in the week clarity and perspective, it's become another of those weeks we should all be grateful one of my super powers isn't making stuff and people explode just from my brain waves. But thanks for all the nice comments on the other post, and for making me feel all wise and shit. (Stuffs another cookie in her mouth and simultaneously iz mad about her assfat.) (Don't bother trying to reason with her today.)

2 comments:

RichZilla said...

I agree, the wind doesn't suck, it blows. I'd buy one of those shirts. Lemme know when they're for sale. :)

Unknown said...

Rich--
Way to risk estrogen poisoning bud. I knew you were darey. Yes-- I totally wish Threadless would take me up on that.