Friday, April 24, 2009

"I command you to be my woman"

Hey people. Despite your stubborn lack of interest, I'm forging ahead with occasional Fav Music Fridays. So there. Today's pick has a story behind it. This musician guy wanted to ask his girlfriend to marry him and asked a bunch of his music pals to compose songs based on that theme, so he could give it to her as part of his proposal. So Brad, of the oft mentioned "Brand Sucks" one man band comes up with THIS.

Is that super funny or what? I love that guy. Go buy some of his music (his t-shirt is super cool too) for super cheap HERE. SOOPER-- yeah I said it. A whole bunch.

In other SueNews:

Me and Trusty Pam went for our first paddle yesterday. All I can say is "Holy Fricking Crap Was It Windy!" That was probably the toughest kayak run I remember. The last mile or so it was like being in a wind tunnel. There were huge whitecaps and the wind kept trying to blow the kayak sideways. Hard pulling. Really the only time I've ever been a little concerned about going in. Crazy. Good practice for our race next Sat though.

Also-- It's Derby weekend. Bust out the fancy hats and mint juleps! Here's mine. Is this awesome or what?

I got it at this high buck department store around here on sale for $15 years back. Once a friend of mine who has a lot more "lady" friends than me had an afternoon luncheon and I showed up in this. At first they thought I was super weird (as usual), but by the end we were passing the hat around for everyone to try on and hamming it up. (You should know, all members of my family, even the dudes, have been photographed in this hat...)

You can't see my face in the pic because I pretty much look like this @_@ today. Insomnia last night. Those stupid infomercials are so insidious in the middle of the night. For some reason at 4 a.m. I'll be like-- "Yes, by God-- I do need the Jack LaLane Juice Pro!" Or, "Hell, yeah. I should totally get Hip Hop Abs!"-- Because nothing says crunk like some white lady from the Midwest who can't dance... And pop it and pop it and -- yeah, badness.

OK peeps. Everyone have a good weekend and try to shake something at some point. (no one has to see...) Remember if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong. Later.

EDIT TO ADD:
Derby fail me-- it's next Sat! : /

0 comments: