Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Day Off

So yesterday was my first day off in ages. It was weird because I (as usual) pictured it being this mind blowing fun fest that involved some leaping around and maybe throwing papers into the air, but no. None of that actually happened. (Ok- on my run in the woods when no one was around there was a tiny amount of leaping, and one brief "woot-ing" incident with my arms shot above my head. Don't tell anyone.)

I basically took my sweet old time getting out of the house and went to a matinee and ate a small bag of m & m's for lunch. I saw "Adventureland" which I think is another Jud Aptow flick. It was interesting. Just me and three pairs of guys in the whole place, and it was dude-head-space central. It's always revealing to see how they write the girls-- they're so powerful and the guys are totally at their mercy, in constant pursuit. Even sixteen year old girls are like 40 y/o's in young hot bods-- completely in command and aware of their sexual powers. Like I said, interesting.

After that I went to Target and got a bunch of swimsuits for my annual masochistic swim suit try-on session. Thanks to all the running it was slightly less suicidal this year. I actually liked a couple of them. The rest-- back to the rack! When you spend as much time on rivers as I do (kayak) you need more than one suit.

Yeah, then I still was feeling a little restless and wound up and began fantasizing about all the potential fun I could have this summer, and thinking about me and Trusty Pam's convo about wishing we had more playmates, like a secret club or something, like when you were little and would make little clubs with codes and hand signals etc and get into all kinds of trouble together and I came up with THIS. If you know of any potential Danger Girls swing 'em our way.

Here are some of the pendants left over from the show. They're $6, chains are $5. I'll send them to you for $2 shipping. (Click pics for zoomed view)

Thank God there is finally someone giving a voice to these important causes.
Feelin’ a little sweary? These little effers let you get it all out, subtly. If you select any of these options, congrats—you are officially edgy now. Enjoy the disapproving looks of those who actually notice.
If you are having at least 30% more fun than normally permissible, the least you can do is warn others.
Are your exits often accompanied by a dismissive wave of the hand? This one could be for you my friend. There wasn't enough room for "Get lost do-gooders. Save your effin' breath!"

I also have a bunch of "pwn" ones.

FYI: PWN= 1. An act of dominating an opponent. 2. Great, ingenious; applied to methods and objects.
Originally dates back to the days of WarCraft, when a map designer misspelled "Own" as "Pwn". Pwn eventually grew from there and is now used throughout the online world, especially in online games.

I also have a bunch of "not scrd" which would be perfect for any Danger Girls out there.

They are coolest when combined. I'll happily hook you up with a pwntastic mix of shapes if you want.

That's it for now peeps. Today is domestic bliss day around here. grocery shopping, maybe some actual cooking, cleaning (ugh), getting sidetracked by anything shiny or weird because of how much I hate cleaing, etc etc. Perhaps it will yeild another archeoligical excavation. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

Attention deficit can be a wonderful thing y'know.

Happy day off!

Sort of.

Unknown said...

Hiedi--
Hey girl, well, it's a big world, don't want to miss anything y'know.
It was kind of lame. I'm out of practice.

JKB said...

Have a great day off!!!

Linda T said...

Great stuff! I need to come over and do some shopping! Any fish and birds left for me??