Friday, April 3, 2009

Show Time!

If you live in the Twin Cities area what are you doing tomorrow? It's going to be kind of crappy weather anyway, so all the cool people will of course be at my art show down at Burroughs School (50th & Minnehaha Pkwy- S. Mpls.) Come down and say hi.

Here's some garden fish I whipped up. Love the color.

And here's how the rockin' ball chain necklaces came out. I'm pretty psyched about them. the chains are just $5, and all the components are $6 ea. There are colorful metal shapes...


Tags with little words and messages stamped into them...


& Bike gear pendants (these = super cool people)...


But the real fun happens when you mix them together to create your own personal mojo-tastic mix! See all the goods at the link to my art blog up on the right.


Baw, wayw, wayw (rock chord at you people-- coolio.)

Today is going to be nice out-- yay-- nothing says suck like loading in a show in 40 degree sleety weather like last time. I'm going to be finishing off this one wall piece I'm liking pretty well so far, then loading up and heading out. I'm for sure getting a run in first though. Today will be a major back challenge day and I have to be in fightin' form.

I've been starting to fantasize about a couple days off next week. I haven't had a day off in over two months now. I picture myself throwing a bunch of papers in the air and running from the house a-la last day of school or something. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

Are you throwin the finger cannons at me in that picture? Right back atcha, babe!

Garden fish. See, I never would have thought of that. I would shake down some cash to buy your stuff. I'm gonna have to figure out a way to do that long distance. Eleven bux is such a good deal for a cool necklace.

And it's ART.

Hope your day goes well!! Have a successful weekend!

Kathryn Hupp-Harris said...

We're supposed to get a foot of snow here, so I don't think I'll be trekkin' up to north this weekend.

I wish I was, though, your stuff looks awesome. Maybe I'll see what my friend in Minn. is doing this weekend. :-)

Unknown said...

Heidi--
I know, the fact that we ended up in different countries is a travesty! I guess the cool had to be spread over a bigger geographical area. (?)
Thanks for the good wishes!

Kat--
I don't blame you-- saw that on radar-- yuck! Cool-- spread the word!

Linda T said...

Love, love love the necklaces. And, of course, I love the fish. I'm so mad at myself for scheduling something on the same day. I am trying to figure out if I could get down there and be back by noon. Maybe... Arghhhh. Great stuff my friend! Wishing you a successful day.

Mary Olson said...

Great looking stuff. I love all of it. I wish I could be there. You'll have to let me know when your next show is, although, it sounds like a lot of work to get ready and you need a break. Maybe start selling online?