I'm not sure if he's part of his bike or his bike is part of him, but- it's all attached people. The guy was riding down the twisty hilly mountain bike trail on only his back tire. No boring little swoopy curves for him either, the back tire would have to kick up or some other spectacular stunt would be performed as if "no big deal". Needless to say I was in total awe of the super star antics.
When it came to wheelie demo time- it was completely embarrassing because about all I could do was ride around making this "oh crap" face, too afraid to even try it. Dareyness FAIL!
When I got home though, I rode around in my yard/driveway practicing more, while my husband & his brother laughed from the rooftop. Eventually Trusty Pam showed up (we went kayaking with another gal-- fun) and snapped a few pics of all this extreme biking action.

Yes, that was sarcasm people. You can hardly tell in the above photo but my wheel is nearly a whole 2" off the ground. I'm hopping it over these tiny twigs I laid out there. In my defense, Pam didn't have much more luck. I'm glad she took the pic though, because I can see one major problem already-- my butt is way too far forward. I need to quit being such a 'fraidy and get that thing back there behind the seat. Oh well. Have to start somewhere.

Too bad the wheels were cut off in this shot because I was totally doing it here-- riding along with my front tire like a whole foot off the ground! OK- not really. But someday-- I'll at least be able to do a small wheelie. I'm going to keep practicing. My ultimate goal would be to be able to do one as I ride along like a superstar, but... well... We'll see on that one.
(Look how nice my Chucks look with Penny though!)
In other SueNews:
I am going to be in this show in a couple of weeks, so I am totally cranking on that garden gate stuff.
Haven't quite figured out the formula with pricing yet where I make better than third world wages. For now I'm comforting myself with the fact that I don't actually have to live in mainland China, and can take off to ride my bike or whatever pretty much when I want. I also have snacks on hand, and good music, and am surrounded by pretty woods. Plus my boss is super cool. ;D So, crappy paying job, but all in all not a bad one. For now.
1 comments:
Hey, I'm impressed with any air space. As long as you are having fun, that's what counts. I did my darey thing today - drove the horse trailer to the park and went riding by myself. Murphy was a little lonely but I enjoyed myself. Facing my fears...
Post a Comment