Here, have a chicken. It's kind of a weird one.
Also behold what the latest fridge clean out produced-- twelve year old mustard! Twelve! That means in our last move we actually packed and moved ten year old mustard. This mustard has outlasted a lot of relationships. Scary or touching?-- you decide.
In other SueNews:I've been in welding mode getting ready for the show. You've seen the flowers I've been working on. I got tired of those and began making gates out of old screens. I like them so far. The first one has some secret bonus welding on it no one will probably notice.
Here's how it came out. I likey. The next one is going to have more details to the outside frame, kind of architectural prairie touches, and more perched birds, a different style/color than these, and maybe a cat.
I'm kind of having fun with getting ready for this show. It was so last minute, I knew I didn't have time to prepare the way I usually do. Plus, sales have been so down I'm going in with super low expectations, so the fun factor is my main motivator.Here is the bio I provided:
Sue was raised in the Amazon rain forest by a tribe of scantily clad indigenous people who found her, mysteriously, as a baby, in the company of a family of Slow Loris’s completely healthy and unharmed. This was particularly puzzling because Slow Loris’s are normally found in Southeast Asia. Curious no?
After a series of humorous and at times perilous misadventures, she grew up and found herself living in MN creating metal artwork. When not making art she’s usually trying to learn to pop wheelies, looking for other goofball adventurers to hang out with, and coming up with T-shirt slogans.
Her latest brainstorm is, “Art = Fun To Do, Boring To Talk About.”
None of the above is actually true… Okay, some of it is. Maybe.
These things are usually chock full of educational details and list various awards etc, and sometimes go into how the person started doing art or where they get their inspiration. I was going to just write, "Look at my stuff. If you like it, buy it. The end." but decided to amuse myself.
On an unrelated note:
Dan and I have reached a stalemate on the big "do apples suck or not" controversy of 2009. I say suck, he likes. My reasons: When you bite into them it feels like they're going to yank your teeth out. Then juice usually dribbles messily and annoyingly down your chin. And they're kind of sour, so the pay-off just isn't there for me.
Dan said, "but they're great with caramel on them, or brown sugar." I argued almost anything would be. That's like saying brussel sprouts are ok with a bunch of sauce and cheese on them. He said, "You can cut them up." Why would I trouble myself? They're not that good.
I think I won don't you people? We still bought three apple trees.
==
And another unrelated item:
I'm getting back to writing. The other day I was minding my own business and suddenly was eavesdropping on an argument a couple of characters were having, so, they're back. Now when I run instead of just thinking "doo dee dumm dee doo" or whatever to the music, or-- one of my favorites-- "what would I do if a creepy perv jumped me right now?" -- where I run through a series of imaginary ass kicking moves that end with me taking the perpetrators wallet--
(Guys don't think this way because they aren't prey animals, but we (girls) do- or should anyway. My sister and I used to play this all the time, talking about how you could crack someone over the head with the toilet tank cover, and keeping a lighter and hairspray can in the bathroom to use as an instant blowtorch.) (Hmmm. I guess this did turn out to be kind of weird after all.)
--I've been thinking about plot twists and my new character and brain injuries. I'm anxious to get back to my story, which is almost done-- except for a ton of revising. I have a couple ideas for art stuff too, which is good because I still have to bring stuff to Door County & Stockholm this season. Better late than never.
Ok-- off to work. Stay weird.
6 comments:
Love the screen door! Look forward to what you'll bring to the show. see you tomorrow! L
....and this Weird Wed made me thnk ahead to the state fair! whoo hoo!! :)
This post is just so full of awesomeness it's hard to comment on it all!
Love the screen door. The chicken is hilarious.. I thought it was a fluffy dog at first (I had to scroll the screen up to see the feet). LOVE LOVE the bio!!
And I don't eat apples whole either. But I have kids so I'm cutting them all the time anyway. I like them with peanut butter on them.
Love the creative Bio...and is that a State Fair chicken? I love that part of the fair, this breed looks like Phyllis Diller!
Count me in the group that loves the screen door - so purty! You are sounding so creative and energized. Cool!
Linda T--
Yes, state fair woo hoo! I hope the carnies are grosser this year.
Heidi--
I'll have to try the PB idea-- oh who am I kidding-- I won't, apples just aren't that good. :)
Lynn--
Yep, state fair chicken. i snapped every kind. i was going to create a chicken soap opera like Melrose Place but haven't had time.
Mary--
Thanks- yep, I'm in a good phase at the moment. Ridin' the wave.
Post a Comment