Here's the game plan: 3 sizes of flowers, 4 heights of rods, 4 styles of flowers, and also, birds, butterflies, words, and pot/planter racks.
I think this will give me a good, appealing variety for people to choose from, and spread the retail price to cover the loss leaders.
Weird, feel like I'm back in retail mgmt/merchandising mode. Oh well. Like I said, we can do that too. I might be in a show in a couple of weeks to give these a little trial run. We'll see. Don't have deets yet.In other SueNews:
I am apparently made of fail. I don't think going over that jump in a couple of weeks is realistic for me anymore. I guess my new goal will be to learn how to pop a wheelie. That's still cool right? Also- this is how lame I am- I want to learn how to do a headstand.
Yup. Those standing-on-your-head deals most first graders can do? -- never been able to. When I go upside-down I lose all sense of direction/orientation and just crumple. NASA was so super disappointed when they found out about this. That and the whole math thing pretty much killed their dreams of me entering their space program.
Yesterday I decided to time myself running against some race results from last year over at the trail. Boy, do I suuuu-huuuck.
I've been running all over over there thinking I was getting pretty good- not taking walk breaks anymore, going farther, and getting faster. Apparently I'm only OK at running compared to couch potatoes who do nothing at all. Now of course I have to begin "training". For what? Oh nothing. I just can't bear how much I apparently suck.
Suddenly I feel really inadequate, despite all the new stuff I'm trying out. Part of me feels ridiculous, like, who do I think I am thinking I can get good at any of this stuff this late in the game? The rational part just says, "Quit taking yourself so seriously, and shut up, and have fun." Good advice rational part. I'll listen to you I guess. Today is just one of those days.
5 comments:
NASA was so super disappointed when they found out about this. I laughed so hard at this.
The New York City Ballet is still trying to get over my remarkable lack of those things called grace & coordination.
Your gate-bling is lovely!
And running - it'll come, stick with it. Hooray for you getting out there!
Aw, honey. You are just so FIERCE to try all those new things--I'm absolutely awed by you. You can't expect to be perfect at them all immediately!!!
I speak from experience here, because I always WANT to be perfect immediately--which keeps me from trying sometimes if I fear I will look silly. I'm getting over it. For you that is not a problem. You are made of AWESOME, not fail.
Keep on, and it'll come on every front. You're building experience and karma. :)
Tiffany-
Thanks! Yeah, the ballet thing too. Such a missed opportunity there. (lulz) (and yet even more lulzing).
Susan-
Thanks bb. I guess it's just one of those days. Hearing it helps- so thanks. You rock.
NASA also mentioned to ME how disapointed they are in YOU...not!
I know you already know this but geeze! Don't be so hard on yourself! I think it's so great all the things that you do - you are no commoner. You weld, you come up with these great ideas of what to make, you write in a way that keeps everyone coming back here for more, you are fun and funny, you run, you bike, you kayak, and you are always looking for more things to challenge yourself with. Admit it! You're awesome Sue woman!
Post a Comment