In other SueNews:
More waffle making drama unfolded at our little casa last week. When Dan and I moved into our first place that was just ours, without a pile of roommates, about fifteen years ago, I unearthed this disgusting looking, ancient, waffle iron he'd squirreled away. Apparently he'd "inherited it" when his mom got a new one. I'd never seen it in all our years together, and there'd never been any waffles-- ever.
I talked him into getting rid of it and thought that was the end of it. Our move turned into a total nightmare. The previous owners flooded our house the day before we closed in an attempt to get out of the sale (they decided they wanted more $), and we had to move all our stuff into a storage while workers made the house livable. The moving truck we rented got stuck in the 250' driveway, and we crashed our friend's old pickup into a tree because of the skating rink in front of our house now, created by the ice waterfall coming out of the second floor of our new home. Plus we were stuck living in the hood (srsly, like, nightly gunfire) with only our bed, the t.v., and some clothes for two more months.
When we were unloading all our stuff into the pole building on the property I was on my last nerve. What do I pull out from between some boxes? That stupid waffle iron. I lost it. I was waving it around screaming, "The waffle iron? The waffle iron? Are you kidding me?" like it was the most hated object on Earth. Then I flung it with all my might into the adjacent snowy field.
Then we laughed hysterically for probably fifteen minutes.
Since then we've had numerous waffle iron altercations. I finally did convince him to let that one go (and he never did make any waffles with it), but he ran out a few years ago and got this other one that is huge, and has griddles to make pancakes too (another tasty breakfast treat never ever made once around here.) Then he saw the flippable Belgian waffle maker on sale at Kohl's. Do I even have to tell you he wanted it?
At first I rolled my eyes and pointed out all the waffles we've never had at our place, but then I waffled. (sorry)
Dan for some reason has latched onto this waffle fantasy, and I don't get it, but good lord- how many tangents have I gone off on over the years that he doesn't get? My latest interest is mountain biking which involved the purchase of a spendy (for me) bike, and these rad red shoes.
I could argue that I actually pursue my interests as opposed to these imaginary waffles Dan insists will change his life, but, the fact remains that he goes to work every single day and works really hard. This allows me to live my unpublished novel writing, art making, mountain biking etc life pretty much unimpeded. If my baby wants a crummy waffle iron, by God he's going get it if I have anything to say about it. So I went and picked it up for him and we've had waffles the last few weekends. Ah lurve.This is a shot of Ray and Camper, who hate each other by the way. It's the whole "keep your enemies closer" thing in action. Just think it's funny. They even both sleep on our bed at night. Now that Camper has gotten full grown they fight less, but continue to threaten each other and stalk around. Dan says it's the cat version of spy v.s. spy.
Lastly, today I go back to young doctor handsome for my leg. Last time I went to him a couple years ago for my tibia he smooshed all my cellulite together and said, "see all this... er... lumpy tissue?" Yeah. Mortified. He said a lot of it was actually scar tissue from me continually re-fracturing my leg and not knowing it. Anyway, now hip is being kind of a jerk too and I just want to make sure I'm not having some kind of gait issue that's wearing down my cartilage or something. Yes, I'm a virtual house of cards people. Aging is awesome!Oh well, tune in tomorrow for some weird dolls. Take it easy.
2 comments:
Girl! ROFL.
1. For me, for Dan on his birthday, buy the man some of that ready-made flapjack liquid in a bottle. I think I would probably rofl my effin ass off.
2. It's better than having an obsession with other things. Gridirons I can handle. :)
3. I got some extra mojo here, I'll wrap it up and send it over to you. Sue's AssFat will thank me.
((bb)) Keep up the fight, the good fight. And when you're bored, email me. :))
JKB--
So far my "good wife" act has included procuring actualy 100% real maple syrup, and cutting up fresh fruit (besides actually getting the waffle iron).
I am lucky he fantasizes about breakfast carbs and not the jillion other more objectionable things he could. Good point-- and thanks for the extra mojo. I'll take it!
Post a Comment