Enjoy this vid- Chix surfing and cliff diving and having fun in the sun. Brings back memories of Hawaii. Enjoy.
I actually did jump off like, a three story cliff in Hawaii. I'm afraid of heights so it was really quite darey of me. (pats self on back) I did not want to be the only one who wussed-out. Some guy said, "Just step off. Once you do that you can't change you mind." So I did.
I had time to scream my lungs inside out and still take another big breath and scream some more before I hit the water. I'm probably the only one in history to mess up jumping off a cliff, but somehow I turned kind of sideways midair and did a Raggedy Anne half cannon ball, half side-flop into the ocean. It was LOUD. As I furiously struggled to retrieve my swimsuit underwater, which had gone internal on impact, I could hear the crowd above groaning sympathetically. When I finally came back to the surface dan goes, "You're supposed to keep your legs straight." Thanks honey, for the timely advice. My whole side was black and blue the rest of the trip. Still glad I didn't wuss-out though.
Surfing went much better, and I'm SUPER glad I tried that. Very cool.
In other SueNews:
Get out your tinfoil beanies people. You may need protection from my explodo rays. Suddenly everyone is driving bad and being extra douchebaggy explicitly to piss me off, and everything from flying insects to jars with too tight lids are totally incurring my wrath. Something will probably have to be destroyed. Don't say I didn't warn you general public.
This should pass in a few days. Then it will be "safe" again. I know what you're thinking. Don't worry. Years of training have prepared Dan for such times and, much like people who work with ferocious wild animals, he's learned how to move slowly and talk to me in a calming voice, thus evading the deadly explodo rays.
Also:
It will surprise none of you who've been following me for very long that I'm now totally effing sick and tired of making gardeny flowers. This is still a cool idea, but I'm already over it. Like most things, if you are into these, get 'em while they're hot, because there won't be too many of them.I swear, I could figure out a way to make gold bricks, like, actual ones I could sell for big bucks, and after a week I'd be like, "These stupid gold bricks. I never want to see another gold effing brick again in my life!"
I'm going to move on today and make whole gates out of the cool screens I picked up at the second hand shop, and after that, something else. Gates will be ovah.
Since I probably won't post again until Tues I'll give you a mountain biking update too. Wow. What a value added post. You people are so lucky.
Trusty Pam has been especially amusing this week with her antics over at the trail. If a movie is ever made of her life, I feel sorry for the stunt person is all I can say. The mountain biking is going good. We both have been practicing wheelies and are getting better at them (some as huge as four or five inches!!) (Yes, that was sarcasm.) But we still haven't figured out the magic balancing formula. Our weight is still too much on the front end to do really good ones. We'll keep working at it.
I'm faster so far on the trail, but as always, Pam has more spectacular "incidents". The other day she was riding in front of me when all of a sudden she was at a dead stop. I skidded to a halt behind her to find her foot stuck in the end of a hollow log. Don't ask me how she managed this in a split second, but she did, and her bike took some weird little hop and was hung up on a branch so she was completely stuck and couldn't escape. I had to help her get unstuck.
Then yesterday she was trying to ride up this really super steep incline right at the beginning. It's an option. I don't ride that particular entry point because, hello- it's super dooper steep, and I know I'm too wussy so far. Pam, not to be deterred, goes for it, and runs out of gas almost at the top. I hear her go, "oh crap." and look up to see her going over totally backwards on her bike. Her and the bike kind of cartwheeled down the embankment and landed in a heap at the bottom. Very spectacular.
I would have probably started crying and gone home but she dusted herself off and we resumed our ride, maybe a little more cautiously than initially planned, but we rode. She is so bad-ass. (Extra bonus dareyness points to you T Pam!)
Have a good weekend people. Drive safe.
6 comments:
Your writing makes my day!
Thanks for all the laughs and insight.
I'm with you on the art. I get bored. I'm an idea person...I need PEOPLE! haha.. See you soon.
LT
PS I do love that Sheryl Crow line.
I love this blog too...wish I could check in more often. Thanks for being you, Sue!
And oh god yes, when I was making jewelry or cards as a business...I couldn't stand to make the same thing over and over, or cave in to "requests". Rip life a new one this weekend Sue!
Linda--
Thanks! Yeah. I guess I just can't handle being a manufacturer. Got 2B an artist instead.
Lynn--
Thanks for checking in when you can. :)
Sheryl Crow speaketh to me... Thanks for posting the video. I do like the flowers but can understand you getting sick of them. Hope you have a wonderful weekend with lots of sun soaking!
LOLOL!!!
Awesome post, bb.
I have the boredom thing too, it's horrible.
I'm not getting your update feeds on my blog, which is why I am suddenly here catching up and bombarding you with comments!!
I love those flowers. Simple gorgeous!!
And I'm so jumping off a cliff someday. Maybe.
Post a Comment