Monday, March 9, 2009

Still Kinda Rowdy Feeling

OK-- Now I'm taking a break from horses for a while. Finished rowdy up today, and I'm pretty happy with him too. He had a different feeling to him than the last one, a little more intentionally naughty, not the same high-strung vibe. This feels more like some non-fancy kind of horse who just wants not to be bossed around. Hmmmm. Go Rowdy!

I'm still feeling a little like this too, although it's less busting-at-the-seams than it was a couple days ago. Tonight walking around town with Pam these teenage boys yelled at us out their window as they drove by and I was totally laughing at them and yelling "come back here and say that wussys!" Yeah. Like that. Heh. They thought it was funny too, waved and cracked up.

Tomorrow I'm going to start a new sculpture that makes NO sense right now, because it's bigger, and is going to be a weird one-- a ghost character from my book, but I just have to do it to get her out of my system. Hopefully it'll go fast, be awesome, and someone will just have to have her.

The rewrite is coming along. It's totally insane to undertake a revamp of this scale when I gave that agent a tentative (note back-pedaling) self-imposed deadline of, like, a week from now, but it's another of those things I just have to do. So, double shifts for now. Gotta ride the sets as they show up sometimes.

Well, that's it. Remember to shake it at some point. Last night it almost happened-- I almost fell right out of the shower I was rocking-out so hard. Maybe I should install one of those little "help-- I've fallen" pull cords for future rocking-out mishaps?

0 comments: