Not only did he give me all these goodies and then some, when I told him I was thinking about making some kind of cart to wheel one end of my kayak (because I'm too wimpy to just hoist it over my head and carry it around) he goes, "Hmm, come back to my shed with me." My pal Jamie whispers, "This is the part where he's going to kill us..." (Yes, I brought a buddy, just in case.) -- But no! No killing involved! He rummages around and pulls out this awesome cart he once made exactly for that purpose and he just GAVE it to me.This guy is so cool. He's got a whole garage full of bikes: one really weird extra long one he made to carry a whole bunch of stuff, even his kayak, a pug, numerous fixed gears (?) (single speeds), -- seriously, like a dozen bikes. He also had a pretty bad-ass looking little speedy boat and a motorcycle, but he has no car, and no computer. Since there is 0% chance he'll see this I'll tell you-- he's cute too yo, and single. If you think you can keep up with him, throw your bike in front of a car and bring it to the Coon Rapids Eric's and ask for Brian. ;D
So anyway, it was nice to have my "most-people-are-actually-pretty-cool-if-you-give-them-half-a-chance" theory play out once again. He seemed to really like the bike gear necklace I made for him as a thank you, but I might owe him some more art for that kayak cart...
Speaking of art, here's a heron. I want to make 8 for the show. I have a commission waiting for an order of 5, so I'll either sell them all (that would be just fine) or be that much ahead on my commission.
I have got to spank the hell out of it for the next 9 days. I'm not sure how many of you are old enough to have had stuff start breaking on you yet, but take it from me-- it's a total frickin' outrage! My back is starting to not like all the hours in the shop, and the joint that connects my thumb to my hand isn't too happy either.I need to get some more runs in for my back. Major extension = Goood. The thumb, well, I need to start using my Vicegrips instead of my vice-like grip. Tomorrow I'm running no matter if it's raining or what-- this weather is incurring my wrath, and trying to make me fat, and giving me Russell Brand hair, which is not as cool on a chick. That is all.
13 comments:
Oooh. The heron is really cool. Are you going to make bike gear necklaces for the show? Can't wait to see your stuff!
Hey Beth--
Yeah, I'm making lots of little pendants to hang from dogtag chains-- metal shapes, bike gear sections, steel tags with little text sayings on them etc. They'll be cheap too, like $5 per piece, add on as many as you want. It'll be fun seeing you guys again!
From Ryan--Q'est que c'est?
Q'est que 'cest quoi mon ami?
Hey Ry Fry-- miss weird weds don't you? Q'est que s'up avec toi?
That heron is awesome!
I hear you on the Russell Brand hair though - although, I saw him do his thing when he was in Melbourne on Friday and there were a few guys who had wannabe Russell Brand hair. It wasn't working for them either.
Briony--
Saw his act huh? Lucky! I think the hair only works if you're actually him.
Yup- agreed. HE rocks it. Everyone else, not so much. Although, believe it or not, twenty years ago when he was skinny, Jethro had him some pretty cool Brand-ish hair!
I love your work, you know that. Yoru blog is a daily smile for me!!!!
I'm so bummed I won't be able to make the show. I'd love to see your work in person. The pendants sound fun.
Gorgeous...by any chance...is Brian, Eric's brother...and how old do you guess him to be? (I might know him)
Heidi--
Right back atcha' hon. :)
Mary--
There'll always be another show. :)
Lynn--
Don't know who Eric is. This guy has grey hair, but seems like he's in his 30's, acts like he's in his 20's. Doubt he'd be your type of date-- paddling or pedaling bb. ;)
Lynn--
Duh, did you mean eric of Eric's bike shops-- no idea but I srsly doubt it. Brian seems to just work there.
Yep, that's what I meant, brother of the owner.
I knew the brother of a famous bike store owner (name was Brian)...many years ago.
Awesome. I've said it before, I'll say it again, but awesome.
Post a Comment