Oh-- here's how the hair came out. (I know you've been dying to find out!) I told Dan this is as much of a blue haired old lady as I ever plan to be. Trusty Pam and I have already planned how we're going to trick out our walkers-- if it ever comes to that-- with flame jobs and bells etc.
We took the bikes out for their maiden voyages of the season today. Now try, TRY not to be jealous--- oh I know-- ridiculoso! How could you NOT be envious? My bike is made of 98% awesome!! I think my hula girl is due for a makeover though. At least a facial and maybe a new skirt.
Yeah I said it. (They didn't have the right spellin'.) BTW like a girl = awesomely. We went about 15 miles and averaged about 20mph (top speed was 24.5). Not bad for the first ride in months. Biking is one of the only things I can do full blast. When I run I can't run flat out because I'll either wipe-out or my dumb tibia will start hurting again. But on the bike I can pretty much heart attack it and it is the best feeling. I have to hold myself back from flying along making dorky hooting and whooping noises. And going " WEE!"

So someone reminded me tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day. This used to be HUGE for me, right behind Halloween & New Years. The last time I really hit it was the most wild and most fun P'day ever. Me and my wild gal pal of the time went down to St. Paul to this super rowdy biker bar. She lived in a, not kidding, haunted house over by Lex and Grand, so we just walked all over town hitting bars, but Ryan's was our ultimate destination.
It was crai-zee. I was wearing some kind of Robin Hoody get-up that involved black thigh high boots-- but flat-- not slutty high heels (more buckaneerish). Have to be ready for action you know. (Plus, not a ho yo.) It was packed. People were running all over. People were walking along the tops of booths and on top of the tabletops, and setting the streamers on fire. On the dance floor it was a total slam-fest. Everyone was just grabbing everyone else and throwing them around. Fights, major mayhem ensued. My head was almost exploding. I kept looking at my friend, probably with my eyes half bugging out and going-- YES!
As I recall the next morning, not quite as much of a crazy fun-fest, but it was kind of worth it. One of my very last totally nutso fun times. Have fun for me nutballs. Have a shamrock shake or whatever. I'll be working, then biking again. WOOT!


7 comments:
Oooo pretty (the hair and Jez)! Both look great!
Tiffany--
Thanks! And thanks for stopping by. Your hubs sounds like a keeper. YA rules!
I'm jealous - of both the blue streak and bike ride. And Jez's boob job...
Mary--
How could you NOT be? (haha) I'm secretly jealous of Jez's boobs too. I hope no one ever notices all my sculptures of chix are, like, C cups.
(blush)
Go BLUE! Lurve it! And omg, I <3 Jez, bb! I thought you'd pwned beautiful with those birch trees, but you're just tromping all over that. :D But man am I jealous of those boob job girls and how they stay all up and perky on their own. Pffffft gravity.
Hey Emily--
Thanks! I disagree. I'm not so into the fake boobs (but also have no gravitational issues). Dan dutifully "ewe's" about them with me, but, duh-- he's a dude and would be totally hypnotized by any kind of boobs at all. I'm telling you, if we all decided to simultaneously go topless we could take over the world, well, half of it.
;D
Hair is cool. I need more blue streak. Now when you talk, you can point to your hair and giggle.
I am so excited to see how the Watcher turns out. I'm thinking you're hitting her dead on, how I remember her.
Post a Comment