Friday, March 13, 2009

Pwnation Alert

Hey people. I began the day by bombing down a hill that scared the crap out of me the first time I saw it. It's over in the advanced section of the ski trails Trusty Pam and I frequent. As we approached there was a "most difficult" black diamond, then a little ways further a yellow "Caution" sign. Just as we rounded the bend a girl screamed the whole way down. We looked at each other. Gulp.
I've downhill ski'd plenty, but x-country is different. Your heels aren't connected, just the toes, so you have less control, plus, the trail is only like six feet wide and is cut through a forest, so there's trees all over. You can't turn and stuff like you would to control your speed slalom skiing. Also, for a long time my second-hand bindings didn't match my second-hand shoes and my skis would pop off the minute I put any side pressure on them. Not good.
Pam always takes more spectacular tumbles than me, and has face planted on this thing a couple of times. I've fallen once or twice, but am usually riding the breaks so hard I make it. We ski'd it last night, and all night I was like, "I should just run that thing."
So today I did. Man it felt good.

Then I went home and pwned the hell out of my story. The End. (Woot!)

All I have to do is sweep it for little editorial mistakes and send it to betas again, but I think it's ready now. (Pumped!)
Tomorrow I have a delivery/installation early over in WI, then will proceed to hopefully pwn Jezebel, and maybe go running. I'm pretty hyper right now. Weeeeeeee!

0 comments: