Hey people. Welcome to Fav Music Friday. Today's pic is totally unrepentant pop. Check out Beyonce` in "Single Ladies", a fun super produced number and object lesson in how people are constructed btw. Lot's of movement. One thing I've always really like about Beyonce` is how comfortable she is in her skin. She's always been considered beautiful, but girl has some drummies on her. She's not as emaciated as we tend to like our girl icons. She's strong, healthy, and gorgeously owning it. Enjoy-- but then scroll down.
OK-- This is the real reason I veered off my usual rock road today. This is a little long, but watch the first minute-and-a-half if you can. These girls crack me up. I'd dork-out with them anytime. When mah seestah was here after Christmas the only things that prevented a gold pants version of this happening was little kids hanging off of us and me getting sick. In retrospect-- Thank you Jaden and Megan-- from the general public.
In other SueNews-- Today I'm more coherent, but yesterday was a total friggin' waste. Everything took forever because I had giant StonerVision all day and kept staring off into space and forgetting what I was doing, plus, all my bendy-weldy mojo was diminished. It took practically all damn day to make one hand. Hands can be really expressive and the raven has now taken on some heavy symbolism to me so I want to get that hand just right. Jez is kind of half welcoming it half protecting it. I got the gesture down, but she has dude hand-- too big, not acceptable. Eff. Eff. Eff.
Oh Wells. Today is hand pwnation day, and I have to go to the steel yard. Later peeps.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Aw! I imagine their mother going, "Girls! Next time you act out a Beyonce video you better make sure that shower door is clean first!!! and put on a nicer sweater! Are you listening???"
I think they're adorable.
As for B, man, she's the popular girl in high school that you wanted to hate because she was pretty and smart and talented, but you had to like her because she was so nice and non-bitchy.
Therefore I will choose to dislike her husband instead!
Good luck with the welding. I know you'll get it.
I'm with ya, sistah, on the Beyonce thing. I only wish she had also made a g-rated video as well so I could show it to my kiddos. The one she did isn't bad, but seeing 4 year olds doing it can be a little disturbing. I just watched a few, and most were just cute, while one in particular seemed to be trying to be sexy (or maybe their camera person was-!). The temptation is there for my boy to do it and be the only little boy on the net getting down to single ladies like a huge flamer, but..... xokatie(sorry, just realized this should have been an email instead of a "comment", but too lazy to write it again)
Heidi--
I know! Lime Away anyone? I thought it was so funny and impromptu though, even the ratty blue washrag hanging there. Perfect!
Sis--
I've taught you well. Laziness is ok-- sometimes.
I know, you've really let me down with that kid of yours. First not naming him Pervis as I suggested, then refusing to make hilarious videos of him in ballerina outfits etc. Good God, why bother having one at all if we're not going to get any humor out of him?
(Maybe this should have been an email too...)
Dude hand so, so cracks me up. I'm dying to see her.
And I'm pretty sure you'll pwn it. Just like you told me, it will take a little fiddling. :)
I wanted to thank you for getting this song stuck in my head all weekend. Help!
JKB--
Oh-- it's pwn'd. Stay tuned.
Mary--
I do what I can... (hee)
Post a Comment