Get your rock on!
Check out Jack flippin' White and the fabulous Raconteurs rocking your face off in the video for "Salute Your Solution." I defy you to shake nothing people. (Come on, you know you want to.)
So in an effort to embrace my shift to welding mode I composed a little list as I was working today.
THE PROS AND CONS OF WORKING IN MY DRIVEWAY
1) Pro- Maximum jamming out time. When I'm writing that's impossible - need to concentrate. But in the driveway I can hold my own all day iPod rave.
Con- No real downside here, except possibly for the neighbors who occasionally witness this spectacle or overhear me "whooping" guitargasmically along with Jack.
2) Pro- Proximity to computer allows me to obsessively check email every couple of hours for possible agent replies.
Con-- See above.
3) Pro- Being outside allowed me to beat the cats to the stunned bird who smashed into my window this morning and save it from being devoured.
Con- Being outside allowed me to become riddled with guilt when said bird went into cardiac arrest and died in my hand. If only I'd had a very tiny crash cart... and some kind of bird medical training.
4) Pro- Able to enjoy occasional welding mojo; sweet welds, awesome cuts, pretty rust, etc.
Con- It's not writing, and I miss hanging out with my cool characters all day.
5) Pro- Not in a cubicle or in some occupation requiring high heels and/or fake smiling or (shudder) math.
Con- Pretty much no down side here either.
All in all, I have to admit I have it pretty sweet. Not to rub it in but I have to wrap it up now and go throw the kayaks on the car. It's almost time for trusty Pam to get off work.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Salute My Solution
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I LOVE JACK WHITE!
Yeah, your work day sounds pretty alright! I'm going to clean a barn and ride a horse and I can't believe that's what I do. I don't get paid for it yet but I'm getting training as payment and that's a hell of a lot better than going to college. It's awesome!
I've discovered that I can't write with tunes on either. I zone out and listen, or get so into the writing I don't hear the tunes anyways so what's the point?
Gotta run- horses waiting! I feel so lucky.
(pix of welding? Please?)
I too love JACK! Mrawr!!!
I can't write with music either. I get to singing to the lyrics and then the hubs looks at me funny and then...well, it just doesn't work.
Now that I've found your blog, I'll be visiting!
Heidi--
It's hard to put a price tag on enjoying your days isn't it?
(refilling your C25 tank - $37, lunch at Chipotle - $6, rocking out with Jack in your driveway-- priceless.)
jkb-
I know right? I have a huge amount of affection for him. He's one of those guys who I sense really is member of my tribe. Thanks for stopping in. Yours is on my list now too. (thanks Heidi)
Post a Comment