Grandpa must have been an interesting guy. Poor grandma.
(Remember you can click on any pic for a bigger weirder view.)
This booth was so distubia jam-packed Linda scarcely knew where to aim the camera first. This squirrel, posed with petrified minature corn kernels, was sitting below the mounted head of a baby bear, who had no eyes. Sorry, but that's what was there. Gulp.
This was a different booth. The peeling nekkid doll is weird enough, but that thing next to it-- was actually a limbless, headless white painted (?) doll torso. "Oh, how adorable." Yes, and these were both available for purchase. Get 'em while they're super old and creepy.
This was also in the taxidermy booth of grandpa's horrors. The deer actually looks rather dapper, considering....
I almost omitted this one. It's not really that bizarre, until you notice not only does the cowboy look a little like country star Randy Travis, and not only is his hair apparently so poufy his hat is sitting stiffly a good eight inches above his actual head, but he has no eyes!!!(Ok, this one could be just me starting to get creeped out by almost anything at this point.)
This was wierd though. A toy indian set just isn't complete without the white shrouded dead one with his arms crossed over his chest... The one in the headache yellow outfit seems disturbingly nonplussed.
Thanks Linda. Everyone else-- keep those eyes distrubingly peeled.
2 comments:
This was cool!
Have you ever read that book, Indian in the Cupboard? A classic.
I just had a flash of it looking at the cowboy and indian.
Such a great book.
You know I did love that story. I only saw the movie, but you're totally right about the aesthetic.
Funny, I have other shots like this, just stuff I like, not disturbia, that have that same flavor and I never made the connection.
Nice catch.
Post a Comment