Ok, Here's what accumulated on and around my rather small, unassuming, uncomplaining kitchen table in a mere week's time;
-- A dust mask
-- 2 pairs of safety glasses
-- A whisk broom (new-- this could change our whole lives!)
-- A xeroxed picture of a giant spider (for identification purposes)
-- A jumbo 10,000 candle unit rechargeable flashlight (for the nightly cat round-up)
-- A can of "off"
-- My leather work gloves (they give me super powers-- ask Dan, my might increases tenfold!)
-- A draft of query that elicited the comment, "well, you never know what people will be into" from a friend (I revised it immediately)
-- 2 books on cd's, that my parents couldn't remember who the author was or what they were called, but thought were good.
-- 2 reusable trader joe's bags
-- Half a bread bag of old bottle caps from a friend (I want to cover my picnic table with them)
-- A "current" radio button from state fair
-- Some "math" (shudder) (mysterious numbers on scraps of notepaper)
-- An assortment of Menard's receipts
-- One of those weird round t.v. antennas (? I think this, the math, and the receipts were part of a "Dan-pile" that got engulfed by the larger "mega-pile")
-- A batik Indian bedspread (from the day I edited in my "branch office" -- the lawn chair)
-- My bike helmet (that's kind of where it lives)
-- My camelback (a backpack that you drink water out of when you bike, but come to think of it, would be awesome for margueritas too....If only I was still a semi-pro partier.)
-- Two bags of Doritos Dan was supposed to bring to work
-- A mystery bulb-- don't know if it's burned out or what
-- A shrink wrap dispenser
-- Another smaller flashlight (also for cat rounding up)
-- The fourth Stephanie Meyer book -- (AKA literary crack)
-- A mix cd for my sister and her rockin' kids (ting tings, duffy, hurricane, evil urges)
-- My niece's birthday gift (art supplies, nice ones, shhhh, don't tell)
-- Two bills-- oops, (not late yet-- whew)
-- A pen (something productive went on at some point when there was still exposed surface area)
-- My sunglasses (oh, that's where they went. Fortunately I have several back up pairs)
-- 5 pairs of shoes (on floor)
-- A crescent wrench
-- A cooler with 4 assorted beers (all different kinds) in it and 2 fake beers (for me) from a bonfire party sat night (woo! party down with those fake beers sue!)
-- One box of cat food
Quite amazing huh? I can hear you out there silently judging me. To me this isn't just a mess, it's evidence that I have a life. Judge away super clean people. (As if any of you would read this anyway) (I have a feeling slaghammer fans are more simpatico with me actually.)
Did you ever notice there are no "messy freaks" , only "clean freaks"? Hmmmm.
Fire nipples
2 days ago
4 comments:
Ok, mom my emailed me all bent out of shape -- It was really ME who didn't remember the names of the cd's -- "A thousand splendid suns" and ... crap, I already forgot again.
Oh, and also I didn't get the copies from my parents, but from some shady character on the street corner. Someone, you know, criminal...
Shhh... "Mum's the word..."
Wink.
Out of curiosity...did you use the can of OFF after mistaking the giant xeroxed spider for the real thing?
How ya doin' Sue! Meant to get back to you a long time ago . . .but ya know.
This was hilarious. I'm one of those neat freaks (not by choice; it seems to be a terminal illness). I feel comforted, in fact, when I go to other people's houses and they're messy and thus homey and lived in. Anyhow, your occasional "housework" rants brighten my day!
Ha ha ha,
Glad some people are benefiting from my neurosis. Someone else emailed me about this post and said, "Thanks for giving me permission to be messier."
Permission officially granted people!
Post a Comment