The favorite lyrics nod this week goes to Jimmy Eat World for "Bleed American". Check this high octane rockfest out in the player for an instant energy boost.
So many good lines, "I'm not crazy 'cause I take the right pills, every day..." "Our hearts, littering the topsoil -- Sign up, the picket line or the parade, Our lives, Our coal."
The band got it's name from unassuming front man Jim Adkins' little brother. When they were kids he got mad at Jim and drew a picture of him as a monster and wrote that caption under it, "Jimmy eat world." Great band name huh?
Still working towards the next show. Tomorrow may have pics to post of the latest-- earings and necklaces with steel pendants. I like-y.
Yesterday's run was even more exciting than usual because there was a mountain bike race being held at the course. Where I run it's an advanced level course that is about 7 1/2 miles. I run about 4 or 5 of it. It twists and turns mercilessly through thick forest and brush and is mostly either accent or descent, usually on a steep rock and root strewn embankment-- so you have to remain totally alert the entire time to maintain your agility and so you can jump out of the way of the bikers.
Last night the race hadn't started yet, and I had plenty of time to get my run in, but didn't anticipate all the guys taking practice runs. I know this sounds crazy, but this heightened the fun factor quite a bit for me. Having to stay so completely focused for a good 40 minutes, all while running-- throw in a few thrilling near misses. Let's just say by the end I was totally jazzed.
I know, probably a sign of something off. But it feels really good to feel so "plugged in". "My life, my coal", being burned my way....
Anything get you going like that? Any other adrenaline junkies out there?
Friday, September 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Surfing and skiing!!! If you stop paying attention, you f*&^ up and fall. I guess it's that way with a lot of extreme sports, just with greater (extreme??) stakes. Maybe activities that keep us focused help us not think about all that other crap.
Now for my sister-ly duty of giving you shit:
decent = good, accent= emphasis
up and down= ascent and descent. Hey, you got all the talent and I learned how to spell. xoya'
I think you're right, that must be it, an escapism thing.
- And thanks for catching my typo!
Post a Comment