Hey people-- A big thank you! to everyone who commented and emailed about the whole genre conundrum. I think my best bet is to assume the agent who prompted this overhaul is expecting to see a YA manuscript. So I'll steer it that direction, as much as my characters and the story allow, and take it from there.
I cannot tell you how lucky it is that I'm having to go through all this. Rereading the whole thing after thinking I was "all done" with it about four months ago-- lets just say--- NOT! Man, what a suck-fest! There are still lots of things I like about it, but then I keep finding this other stuff that I'm like-- wtf???? Anyway, I hesitate to say this time I'm really going to pwn it because that's apparently what I think every single time and obviously I am delusional! (But I am... gonna...)
In other SueNews my stoopid tibia fracture has been acting up again. I cracked it last year (or mebbe the year before, we're not sure since it's hurt for, like, 5 years) BUT ANYWAYS-- last year I finally got it x-rayed and my doctor was like, "omg! Your leg is like, totally about to fall off!" (ok, not really, but it was big time cracked in half). They wanted to put a rod in it, but i wasn't very into that idea, so instead opted for this space-age physical therapy treatment where a high school kid (ok, not really, but he IS young) tortured me by grinding a bunch of plexiglass objects of varying shapes all up and down my leg.
I'm still not sure if it really helped heal my leg or if I was unwittingly duped into participating in some kind of Cheney-esque homeland security torture techniques seminar-- but, my leg got better and yay-- i could run again. Now it kind of hurts because of my big race with myself last week (I totally kicked my own ass-- pwnation!). So... boo basically. I'm going to have to baby it along for a while now and AssFat will be trying to capitalize on this sitch. Guess again dude.
Oh-- speaking of fat-- after literally months of trying I think I finally succeeded in making myself sick of Trader Joe's "Lacey's cookies", so, take that moderation.
The last item involves boogers so if you're squeamish I'd stop reading now. While I was skiing today with Trusty Pam I had an incident. You should know that before the problem was discovered I skied past the whole Elk River Ski Team, giving them all a big smile and imagining how they were all probably secretly jealous of my color coordinated (for once) get up and my retro, old school ski gear.
Earlier, I'd had to blow my nose-- OK, no big deal, pretty common when you do outsidey stuff in winter, except--- In winter your face gets cold, and when that happens it sort of loses sensation little. Somehow when I blew, I managed to create some kind of snot geyser, that shot up over my sunglasses and onto my hat-- where it clung like disgusting booger linguine.
Pam finally pointed it out.
Yeah. Super Sexy.
Why, oh why?...
Oh yeah, because it's me and that's just how I roll.
Be warned-- blow with caution people!
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
OMG!!! Snot linguine!!!! I wet myself I'm laughing so hard. Thanks! I needed that!
Yeah you should copyright "Snot Linguine". Wow, just wow. ***ROLF***
LOL!!!!!!!
I am with Tinkerbell. Hysterical!
Tink--
I always knew we'd wind up in adult diapers sooner or later.
B_elliott--
I keep telling my mom boogers etc are hilarious. When will she start believing me?
JKB--
The least I can do is use my humiliation to amuse others. ;)
Post a Comment