Went for my first run in ages today, and wow- what an ass-kicker! Funny how when you take like, a month off, running is... um... lots harder! Last time I was out I ran the whole course (7.5 miles) and today all I could handle was about 3 miles. Killer! But I did it, and it was awesome to get back in the woods.
I had lots of company though. The crazy and fearless mountain bikers whose trail I run were having a race today! Yes-- I live in MN, and yes, there's tons of snow, but that apparently doesn't stop these guys and gals (there was one girl-- from France, yay cool chix doing cool stuff!).
I was careful to leap aside, like an agile gazelle (not!-- picture more of a middle-aged scrambling clamour) whenever I met a bike. I hate to think I messed-up anyone's time or anything. I don't think I did. The guy who seems to be kind of in charge of the trail, maintaining it etc., recognized my kitty hat and said hi. Everyone seemed really cool and friendly actually. There was a big bonfire and people were hanging out waiting for racers to finish so I hung out too for a while.
I love discovering little secret societies like that. I'm not sure I'll ever be gutsy enough to ride this trail myself-- in winter especially! -- but I do like running over there and like seeing the bikes and riders. Maybe this spring I'll man-up (or grrl-up) and make it my new "thing". Got to keep pushing out of the box y'know.
Well, back to revising. Enjoy the heat wave (+20) Minnesotans!
Fire nipples
2 days ago
2 comments:
Good girl!Does running up and down the stairs to do laundry all day count as physical exercise? Folding towels? Grrrrrrrrocery shopping? Prrrrobably not. The cankles are still expanding. Still I'm proud of you! Amazing how fast the fat inflates, isn't it? You're an inspiration. I'll get back on track soon, I swear!
I don't know about you Tink, but my AssFat is down right EVIL. So glad shorts are still months away.
Post a Comment