Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Weird Wed-- Power Pants Edition

Look at Mah Seestah people. She can't stop looking at the Power Pants-- or maybe my awesome hands of fury dance. It's hard to say.

These were on sale at Target for six bucks. I dared her to buy them, joking of course. When she whipped them out in the dressing room and modeled them for me we both came dangerously close to peeing our pants-- well, she was in the gold numbers-- right in the middle of Target. We had to have them. Be warned if you want a pair of your own. They may have already been pee'd in a tiny bit by someone who didn't follow through and purchase them.


I defy you to look away people. You can't can you? No. You can not.
Neither could we. See me not being able to tear my eyes from the awesome Gold Pants Of Pwnation?

This looks like I'm stepping into a major backhand, but really we're just exhibiting our ninja like fightin' moves. Good hands of fury sis!

I go for full on aggro mode. Kate's strategy appears to be to fool her opponent with a friendly, goofy grin before she clobbers them.

Yeah. Don't mess with us. The Power Pants increase our might ten-fold.

My fearless protege Megan had to leap into the fray and show off her dismount pose.

Oh-- But they're not just for crime fightin'. Oh no. The Power Pants are also dance pants. Here we have the lawn sprinkler.

You don't stand a chance in these dance pants. Give it up yo!

In other Sue news: If you didn't check out the comments thread from the last post, the agent known for the last six months or so as AgentCoolAssChicka has finally gotten back to me. It was a rejection-- BUT-- I can't really post all about how she broke up with me and was all, "it's not you it's me-- well, actually it IS you..." because, well, it might not be over. She actually gave me some really helpful suggestions that she felt would make my story more saleable. She did say she liked my writing, and my voice, and my main character "very much". She said if I felt like doing any of the revisions she suggested she'd like to see it again. So, yes, I'm back to revising. It feels like something may be starting to happen here. Stay tuned.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh...I peed just looking at the photos...can't imagine what would have happened if I actually wore the things. Nice look, perfect with purple shirts! (pink is good too)
Was anyone injured during this photo shoot? I'm feel'n the BIG FREAKIN GOLD ENERGY!
-Lynn

Anonymous said...

OMG! I'm laughing so hard it's difficult to type. Those pics actually made me snort - OUT LOUD. I think I scared my cat! Thanks for the great captures!

Briony said...

Those pants are OUTSTANDING. Seriously, how could anyone not buy those?

JKB said...

I can't see the pictures! WAAAAHHHH what is wrong with me????

Unknown said...

Lynn-- Get your hot ass to a Target right now girl. You KNOW you want to.

b_elliott-- Glad I could help. the world needs more snorty laughter.

Briony-- I know. They need to import them to the bottom of the Earth where you live tout suite! ;)

JKB-- I don't know! I don't know! Are your eyes open? Boo technology /eyeball fails! Get yourself to mah blahg some way you can see the pix and be AMAZED!

JKB said...

MY EYES.

It worked this time.

MY EYES.

rofl!!!

Kathryn Hupp-Harris said...

All you need now are gold, bejeweled boustierres and you two can become throwbacks to the Solid Gold dancer era.

OMG. I want a pair just so I can scare my hubby.

Anonymous said...

I kinda like them... (shrug)

Anonymous said...

Ew Sue, I like those, roller skates would work with those as well.

katie said...

Megan said, "mom, you don't get how those pants really look on you- they look great!!"

believe me, sue and I were looking for matching tops. These pants were actually pretty good fat mashers. Sue later exchanged her hammer time waist band ones here for some hot ones like little sister has. Part of her ongoing struggle to be just like me ;0

Heidi the Hick said...

Oooh shiiiiin pants!

I want an agent like CoolAssChicka to sort of reject me but not really. Did this happen before or after the golden pants of power? I mean, I'm not superstitious but any little bit helps...?

Unknown said...

Betsy & Mindy--
You guys have no excuse for not owning these. Get your hot asses to a Target also and pants-up.

Katie--
Yes, thanks for pointing-out me pants had that "Eddie Murphy" thing going on. You know you're way too into it when you have to actually go exchange the power pants for a "better" pair.

Heidi--
Hmm, the time-line is suspicious. I guess I'll have to wear these for any future important events. First trip to meet publishing people in new york-- gold pants. First book signing, maybe ALL book signings-- gold pants. etc etc.

Heidi Willis said...

I'd comment if I could stop snorting coffee everywhere!!!!!

*running of to Target to see if we have them here!*

Unknown said...

Amazingly my Target is still not out, and now they only $5... I bought a pair for "guests". So, be warned, potential guests.

Heidi Willis said...

oh oh!! I'm coming! I'm coming!!