Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm back!

Today I'm going running again just to really show AssFat who's boss. Then I'm firing up the welder and getting to WORK!

I can't believe how long it's taken to get my shop up and running. Obviously working in the driveway hasn't been an option for months now. I promise to post some pics soon of the new digs. I have two commissions waiting (they've been waiting since-- idk-- last spring/ summer), and two shows to get ready for. The new shop is amazing-- totally good vibes.

As far as writery stuff goes-- the revision I wasn't crazy about doing at first is proving to be really transformative. Getting my mc Dianna into first person and letting her say exactly what's on her mind has raised the book to a whole new level, and having to justify my Dave love has made me see some things about my storyline needed beefing up. Stakes had to be raised a bit. I really think when I'm done this will be a much better novel than it was, and that surprises and delights me. I'm really excited now, about the changes I'm making.

It's already almost 10 a.m. and I haven't done jack today. I Stayed up really late last night finishing "Cracked Up To Be" by Courtney Summers. This book is really good. If you liked "Girl Interrupted" you'd like it. The tone is really edgy-- so of course I'm totally down with it. Check it out if you want to see what kind of YA I want to be a part of.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the revision is turning out to be visionary! I may have to check out that book.

Unknown said...

Be careful what you wish for! Maybe after i get through this revision if you're still interested I'll let you beta it. If you want.

About Me said...

Revisions are always a little overwhelming at first for me, but once you get in the swing of things, it can be quite fun or I could be crazy :)

Unknown said...

Hi Crimogenic, Thanks for stopping by.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I do like having something to work with. This is the first revision I've undertake at someone else's suggestion, so it felt a bit different going in-- like faking it until I made it. But now I'm hitting my stride I guess.

JKB said...

Fake it til you make it is an excellent plan. I'm right there with you.

ORION said...

Revision is where the real work begins as a writer. Often times when a writer first creates the draft of a novel they give up as it's such hard work but that's what happens to ALL writers. The revision and editing process shapes the art...

Unknown said...

JKB--
I'm in good company!

ORION-- Well said. It's interesting how different, yet inextricably linked the processes of writing the first draft and revising are.

Both give me a total rush sometimes, and totally frustrate me others. But chasing the rush is kind of the draw isn't it? I'm hooked.

Unknown said...

OMG everybody! ORION is Author Patricia Wood! Thanks for stopping by Patricia. Check out her book Lottery. I'm picking up my copy tomorrow night!

About Me said...

Pseud...Love the OMG :)

Patricia's novel looks fabulous!

Unknown said...

Crimo--
I know! Want to touch the hem of my garment?