Ok-- that was a teaser people. It's a cheap media device used to lure you in. Sorry. Now I feel obligated to rivet and amaze you.
Me and Dan's Wii competition continues. I have suddenly lost ALL my Wii mojo. I can no longer hula hoop to the left for some reason, and suddenly suck at every game. I suspect the Wii trainer is still pissed and trying to sandbag me. Amazingly my sooper hula hoop and skii jump records still stand, despite my new crappiness, and Dan's determination to unseat me.
There has been quite a bit of Sue Hefner mode happening around here (when i refuse to dress and just sit around in my robe all day writing). (I did bust out the purple cords yesterday, but otherwise my wardrobe has pretty much consisted of work-out gear, and the robe-- not at the same time.)
Dan continues to deny this is a sexy princess Leah get-up, despite the presence of my sheepskin boots. Yet oddly, he's obsessed with a new "joke", where every time the neighbors drive by (we share a driveway), he whips my robe open attempting to expose my undies.
So far they haven't driven into the stream bed, only to emerge bloody, screaming "My eyes!-- Oh God! My eyes!" So they haven't noticed.
Only a tiny bit of work has taken place in the shop since the zero degree temps returned. I know this is wimpy, but because of ventilation I have to work with the door open like four inches and it's just too freaking cold. I could, but... I'm not.
Feedburner continues to SUCK. Am considering throwing up a test pattern and whoring for comments to see if anyone is actually out there. Stay tuned.
Today cool trail boss Rich has agreed to let me test drive his pug (bike with super big, fat tires made for poor traction-- snow etc) over at the mtn bike trail. I have a new theory I might like biking in the snow. Some of you may remember my past effort in this department-- taking my target special out on the snowmobile trails in the state forest. Not recommended unless you A) Have a clue where you are, B) Know how to put your chain back on, and C) Have a general idea what the eff you're doing. Yes, fun in that thrill seeking, could actually die, only to be found next hunting season way, but... yeah. Not smart.
My revision is going strong. I can't believe how much better it's getting. I also can't believe this is probably the sixth time I've revised the whole entire thing. It doesn't resemble the first draft I started a couple years ago in any way. The story is completely different, the characters have gone through massive changes. I can't believe it.
When I started it I was really just putting one foot in front of the other, just hitting my daily word count, and not really feeling it. I'd just set aside my first "baby", the one under the bed that was more autobiographical, and knew I had to keep writing, but felt lost. Now I have this one and a bunch of another one (most of which will probably be revised away by the time I'm finished) and know for sure I'll never NOT write. It's kind of who I am now (along with the welding, biking/running/kayaking, cat wrangling, Dan wrangling, and other shenanigans.)
EDIT TO ADD:
I will not be getting a pug anytime soon people. First of all they cost about eleventy billion dollars, and it turns out you need to have some coordination (skilz) to steer them. The crazy/fearless off road bikers just make it LOOK easy. Oh well. You never know 'till you try. I still got in a nice run. Maybe I'll try riding the trail again in summer, on a normal mnt bike.
Fire nipples
2 days ago
11 comments:
Glad you udated on how the revision was going...I've been wondering how it was going. Continued good vibes your way!
-Lynn
Hey, I saw a winter big thingy on TV last night. It had skis and the back wheel came through the ski to give traction. They showed these guys ski-biking at Lutsen. Wild! But, due to my age, I can't remember the name. :/ I'll go on Kare 11's web site and see if I can find it. Glad you're feeling good about your writing!! Happy writing!!
That would be "winter BIKE thingy"...should have proofed before I published. Sorry.
You could get the kind of pug I have. Y'know, big eyes, grunty, curly tail. Barks. Whines. Cuddles. Loves to go for vigorous walks.
Works for me!
(You still crack me up with every single post... comic geniusnessessessss!)
LOL I like Heidi TH's idea! How about a little bit of puggy-dog goodness, Pseu?
In response (backup) to Linda T's response, the name of that "winter bike thingy" is 4D SnoBike. A guy named Darin from the Minneapolis/St. Paul area invented it a few years ago, and continues to develop it. I've ridden it, and it's really only good for going down ski hills. The tires do not get good enough traction for pedalling. Most ski resorts won't allow them either. He entered one of our downhill bike races on a ski hill with it, and finished 3rd against standard bikes. It's a really cool idea, but somewhat impractical.
Sue, don't be discouraged. Like I said, even some of the best mountain bike riders in the state have a tough time with the Pugsleys. :) It can take a skilled rider a year or two to get used to it. Just keep riding any 'ol bike you have, and do it for the fun of it. As long as it's fun, it's good! Soon enough you'll get addicted to it, and like the rest of us, you'll be down at ZLB Plasma Services selling plasma for money to buy a new bike.
Ride on...
Lynn--
Thanks, good vibes always welcome!
Linda T--
I've seen those-- they look fun, but I'm one of those weird people who like to feel like they're on the brink of cardiac arrest, so just going downhill not as fun for me. :)
Heidi Hick--
I'm pretty sure your pug would NOT like it if I tried to ride him, especially up and down hills! He's probably cuter though. ;)
JKB--
You know I'm a kitty woman all the way!
RichZilla--
Thanks for letting me try it out! Plasma huh?-- very Roberto Rodriguez of you! I think I'll stick to selling artwork to fund my avocations for now. I do predict you'll see me on a bike in there someday. Try not to run over me! :)
Maybe you should try the gold pants for Wiiking out?
Just a thought.
Good to hear your finding your writing moj. Keep it up!
Kat--
hi kat. Believe it or not I DID one night, thinking perhaps the gold pants themselves contained the mojo, and not me personally, but no. The mojo is apparently some kind of senchent entity that has decided to take a breather.
I sucked just as bad in gold pants, but it was a little more humiliating.
"where every time the neighbors drive by (we share a driveway), he whips my robe open attempting to expose my undies."
Yea, I don't think I would like this joke. May I suggest you pull down his pants a few times, see if he likes possibly being exposed to the neighbors along with you! :)
Revisions revisions revisions! Cool, keep with it. Revision aren't so bad! At the beginning when I start revising, I'm all grumpy, but thenI get into the flow and actually start to enjoy it.
Hi Crimo--
Maybe it sounds worse than it is. There isn't actually any underwear on display, it's more of an tease. Playful, not sick and predatory.
:)
But I'll for sure tell him to never do that to you!
Yeah, revisions-- I feel you! Me too.
Post a Comment