Yesterday I broke-up with my Christmas tree, dismembered it, and hid it in the attic. Man, break-ups are a bitch!
I also did mega loads of laundry, and dismantled the cat obstacle course on my kitchen counter. On t.v. right now some lady is showing how to clean a coffee mug with salt and a lemon, among other handy household tips. Clearly we are from different planets.
Someone's mom I know (ok me) irons sheets. All my friends mom's are completely psycho about cleaning. It's as if they are anticipating their homes one day being crime scenes and they are trying to make things as easy as possible for the crime lab people. "Amazingly, this scene contains no trace elements of anything at all not pertaining to the case."
I often suspect this is a result of religiosity run amok. Who hasn't heard the old cleanliness/ Godliness shpeel? I sometimes think they picture Jesus standing around with his hands on his hips in his very own pair of yellow rubber gloves inspecting their work approvingly going, "Hey, nice shine on that faucet! You are SO getting in."
Luckily for me, I happen to know Jesus is totally down with my casual view of cleaning. Really. He just fist bumped me yesterday when I was all, "This cleaning entirely BLOWS." Then we rolled a fatty and sat around laughing about duck billed platypus's and stuff. Ok, not really. (But he would totally fist bump all that.)
Today though, today -- I get to do stuff I want to do. So I'm going to work on some revisions for Crimson Cord (book 1), and go out in the 25 below zero cold (you heard right people-- eyeball freezingly cold today) and go out to my new ultra spiffy shop (pics soon to come) and finish putting all my tools and stuff away and organizing.
Later, trusty Pam is coming over and we're going to play on my new Wii fit. This is really fun. Sis got it for me and Dan for our birthdays-- which aren't until June, but we all wanted to play on it now. I was skeptical and used to call it Wii fat-- but it is pretty cool. The best part is it's almost Trusty Pam's birthday and I already have her gift. She will be so psyched to receive her very own pair of gold pants!
I am so hoping to post pics of this later-- if she doesn't chase me down and destroy my camera.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is so hilarious!!
I put you on my Google Reader so I would get notices everytime you blogged, and didn't get anything at all. I thought you'd gone on break! Then I stop by and wa-la! You've been very writerly! So apologies for not stopping by all week. I'll start doing it manually now! :)
Hmm, sorry the link didn't work. But glad you checked in!
Post a Comment