Monday, January 12, 2009

There is no way I can catch up so I'm just starting here.

I wanted to do a big retrospective New Years post talking about goals for the year etc. I wanted to do a post about the blog awards and all the super cool blogs I'm now addicted to. I wanted to do a funny post about the kids visit complete with pics. But I can't. Too much time has gone by and I'm just too wiped-out and OVER the last few weeks, and ready to move on.

Here are the highlights:

-Heads-up everyone! It's 2009! (Yeah, but by week 3 everyone is pretty much done examining their lives and just getting on with them.)

-I look at tons of cool blogs every day. Most of them are listed on my blogroll (bottom right of actual blog). There are hilarious ones (fuck you penguin, fail blog, bloggess, cake wrecks) odd ones (beard revue, failed bands of oklahoma, cake wrecks) one that's just cute (cute overload), and lots by other writers, artists & agents -- one of whom recently hit the road by herself for a two month solo seat of her pants road trip (jamie's giant shop hop). If you are going to waste time on the internet anyway, (and who are you kidding? You KNOW you are.) you may as well waste it wisely. Check them out!

-Kid trip high points--
Megan- "*&%$@#!"
Sis- "That's not how little princesses talk! You know better than that!"
Jaden- "Yeah, that's how mommies talk."
Me and the girl had a few good talks. I taught her "crap-o-la", and lectured her about talking like a snotty teenager already. (She's only seven. Save some tude for when you'll need it kid.) Me and the boy -- still not a fan of all his spoiled brattiness. He is only 4. He'll either grow out of it or become a giant, spoiled, man baby. Jury still out. Me and sis-- as seen in the power pants episode, hilarity ensued.

In other Sue news-- well, there really isn't any because I've had a giant cold (thanks toddler boogers) and been totally sucked down the family hole lately to the point where I haven't really been connected to my own life since before Christmas. I love them and all, and love seeing them, but my folks have been having some health stuff and there's just been a lot going on.

For some reason when I'm around them I just become whoever I am in relation to all of them-- a daughter, a sister, an aunt, etc, and that is so far from how I self-identify I start to feel like I'm disappearing (especially when things prevent me from running etc and I'm without any release valve). I know-- touchy, pain-in-the-ass, creative type whining-- but there it is.

Today will be spent doing the waist-high pile of laundry in my room, grocery shopping, and otherwise reestablishing "normal" around here. There needs to also be massive jamming out. It's been WAY too long since anything has been shaken, despite the gold pants episode. Tomorrow I get back in the writing & art saddle and I CAN'T WAIT!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and me both, bb, you and me both (to all of the above, except replace your sister, niece, nephew, and parents with my mother-in-law / father-in-law / sister-in-law / and cat. Please put my head in a blender, I beg you! ...and welcome to 2009!

JKB said...

YAY you're back! whohoo!

Anonymous said...

OMG, is this ever true. When I'm around the family...it is like they don't have any idea that I grew up...that I'm 50 FCS!!!!
It's annoying...it riles me up so that as I'm typing this and the voice in my head getting all high puitched and nearly screaming.
Somehow my younger brother is percieved as older than me too...ooooh, makes me crazy.

Unknown said...

Emily--
Hey girl- you did have a rough start. 2009 has got to blow less huh?

JKB--
You too! yay!

Lynn--
I know how you feel. In my case it isn't really anything they do though. It's just me. Some weird dynamic just automates.

Heidi Willis said...

you know, eventually I'll think of something more intelligent to say than "this is hilarious!" but not today.

You totally make me laugh!!

mb said...

Beard Revue is giving Dan Auerbach all sorts of love today…
http://bit.ly/keepitbeard

And, of course, you've already seen this…
http://bit.ly/auerbeard

THANKS FOR THE MENTION!!