So what did I wind-up doing on my big day of screwing-off?
Piles of mangled cars kept me from venturing very far from home (physically) (freezing rain), but this movie took me to distant, strange horizons.
It's probably the most trippy, moving, and visually beautiful movie I've seen in a very long time. There's a part near the end that you writery types will fall hard for-- where the contract between character, writer, and reader is nearly and tragically broken.
It also revolves around a beautiful, broken, dark haired boy that reminds me a lot of Dave (from my novel), naturally making me fall even more deeply in love with him.
If you liked Mirror Mask, Pan's Labyrinth, The Never Ending Story, or Barracka-- See "The Fall". (It's out on DVD)
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Take A Great Fall
Labels:
movie reviews
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Where did this come from????
Stunning.
This is beautiful!
What is the movie called? Take a great fall? My brain is not working today.
I LOVED Pan's Labyrinth!
Heidi / jkb --
Yes this was fantastic, but a little dark too.
I found it at my local video store and it's called "The Fall".
Post a Comment