Tuesday, November 25, 2008

ARTAD Persists, and Brrrr Man...

Last night, after an ARTAD (agent response time anxiety disorder) related altercation between Dan and I, I warned him there would be blog retaliation-- and here it is people. This is the pic he forbade me to post upon penalty of him "going online and deleting my entire blog from the entire internet." Actually I think it's kind of cute. Gotta love a kitty man.

So what, you ask-- what in God's name did Dan do to deserve this kind of reprisal? When I was in the midst of checking my email last night (again)-- well, I'll just give you the Masterpiece Theater version.

Me-- "It's a cereal night btw..."
Him-- "I see you didn't make the fish tonight..."
Me-- "Yeah, I noticed you didn't either...(continuing to stare at screen)
Him--"The date on it is today..."
Me--"Does it smell?"
Him-- "I don't know."
Me--"Well, smell it."
Him--"You smell it!" (shoves fish in my face "pie in the face" style and holds it there, mooshing it into my face as I struggle helplessly)
Me-- "string of profanity" (grabs fish, wrenches it from his hands and flings it across room)

Then we laughed super hard. Seeing I was completely incapacitated with laughter, he picked up fish and held it out a few polite inches from my face this time.

Him--"Here, smell it on your own terms then."
More super hard laughing.
Me-- (Gasping)"I can't inhale!" (laughing too hard)

So, tonight I'll make the fish, after smelling it really good. We'll both pretend it wasn't flung across the living room. But we'll secretly think it's the best fish ever probably.

So-- Brrrr. It's super cold today (Yeah, i know this is a "super"-filled post but hey-- no caffeine yet.) Here's some colorful wool for you to enjoy. No, I don't knit. So far my life-long goal of resisting all attempts at domestication is going swell-- but my sister does, and maybe she'll see this and get all inspired to make me another cool scarf or rockin' kitty hat.


Pretty huh? Almost makes me want to.... nah. Stay warm people! Watch for signs of ARTAD in yourself and those you love!

2 comments:

Emily Hainsworth said...

Ahhhhh! You have diagnosed it! I HAVE ARTAD! ~woe~

I'll just help you make this worse for Dan by saying...you're right, gotta love a kitty man. ;) And awww, your orange kitty looks like my Thyme! ^_^

Unknown said...

Yeah, funny thing is- he still has no idea he's even "being punished" because he never checks mah blahg.

Hope Thyme is comfy. Mine is named Ray and big guy gray guy is Mike.