Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Skip Day! Wooo Hooo!

Ok, so here's a dream for you:
I was trying to escape from this Texas timeshare salesman on a snow saucer in the middle of downtown Minneapolis when I met this diminutive black dude (not Prince) dressed as Little Lord Fauntleroy. He came up to me as I was getting off my sled at the bottom of a hill with a cocktail in his hand, thumbing over his shoulder and rolling his eyes at this other guy wearing some kind of Foxy Brown get-up, complete with gold lame skirt. He seemed completely self-possessed and not at all embarrassed about his frilly shirt or velvet knickers.

We got to talking and soon bonded over our shared Dave Grohl, Foo Fightin' love and busted into "Gimme' Stitches" together. "Sink with someone tied to me-- I'm makin' you volunteer..."

Yeah, and then she woke up and went running.

Go ahead and play "Gimme' Stitches" in the player -- if you're not a rock scaredy-cat . You're not, are you? (balk-balk-balk-buc-aw!) (That's right, I'm not above openly mocking you into listening.) I defy you to get through the opening riff without making guitar face and shaking something.

Today I'm taking the day off, but unlike Sunday am not vegging all the way out. I'm actually dressed and on the way to hang with buddy Beth. We're going to scope out a used drum set. (No-- I didn't technically make enough to justify this at the last show, but I may pull the "Oh you shouldn't have!-- Thanks for the awesome drum set for Christmas!" on Dan.) We're also going to check out cool shops in this little college town nearby and have lunch and search for disturbia. I'm so psyched. I haven't completely screwed off in a long time.

I encourage this behavior and have threatened in the past to start a hedonism boot camp for women. Let me know if you want to sign up.

Last Minute Edit:
Mrph! Just as I was about to hit "publish" Beth called and can't make it because all their power etc is out. I will not be deterred from my massive day of screwing off however. I think I'll go up to the music store and look at their used stuff, and maybe catch a matinee, or try to corrupt another buddy into playing hooky. My powers of persuasion are vast and irresistible after all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Signing up for camp...if I can bring tea (?)...also need breaks for journaling.
-Lynn

Unknown said...

Ok Lynn,
You're in-- just be sure to bring a flashlight, sturdy shoes, dark clothing, black-out make-up, nerves of steel, and lots of chocolate.
Oh, and tea, I guess...

Heidi the Hick said...

Ha! Screwing off therapy!

I need an excuse to go to Minneapolis, don't I?

Unknown said...

Yes, that would certainly show the level of dedication it ironically takes to make it through hedonism bootcamp...
You need to come down...