This is Annie giving me the cat version of a dirty look. She's not happy about the rain / snow mix today and trying to guilt me into doing something about it.
This is the new necklace design I came up with the other night. I like-y.
This is what a partial bajillion looks like. There is another "raft" of these waiting downstairs.
Hi everybody-- Ok, It's official-- I've hit the wall. The last couple of days I've reached that state where I'm semi-zombie-like, barely hygienic, and this weird combination of amped-up and exhausted. Yesterday at the local jewelry supply store I speed-walked over to the earring findings, knowing what I was looking for, barely waving hi to the owner who looked slightly alarmed at my abrupt entrance. I feel like handing out tinfoil beanies to those who have to encounter me the week of this show to protect them from my insanity vibes.
When I went to pay her I realized I had a jumbo safety pin stabbed through the arm of my jacket from my last run (keys-- hey fool me once) (but it looked like-- "Check out how punk I am!"), super dirty nails (sorry-- comes with the welding territory), and two bloody fingers from unnoticed glass cuts. This doesn't cover my going-on-day-three bedhead nest-like hair and probably black-smudged face. Oh well. Glam I'm not, not when I'm at this stage. Sorry to any townies I've frightened this week.
I just ran out of leading, so the stained glass factory is officially closed, but I still have about a bajillion earrings to make. (That's slightly less than eleventy-million to you math whizzes.) Today I have to load everything up and go set up my space at the show, finish making all the necklaces and earrings, and change around the art blog to look more websight-y for the show people who take my moo cards home, and make all my signs / prices etc, -- oh and do laundry. Also, did I mention it's actually starting to snow?
I can't really remember when my last day off was, but there's a good chance tomorrow the weather will totally suck. I can't, despite what my cats seem conviced of, control the weather. All I can control is how hard I'm willing to work, the determination with which I persue my goals, and how fearlessly I project myself into my creativity. You feelin' me fellow art / writery types? All we can do is give it all up-- throw our whole selves at it. If nothing comes of it, it's sure as hell not going to be because I lamed out.
Tally freaking ho!
4 comments:
Your cat is AWESOME. That's attitude right there.
All we can do is give it all up-- throw our whole selves at it. If nothing comes of it, it's sure as hell not going to be because I lamed out.
Tally freaking ho, indeed!
Okay, deep breath....and exhale. Could you at least shower up a little before tomorrow? Betsy and I are coming to the show and we haven't seen you in 25 years so please smell good or at least not bad. We'll do the same. We are so excited to see you and your art work. I hate that I let people slip silently out of my life, especially the sterling ones. Have a nice evening.
Hey Courtney-- YOU KNOW don't you?
Mindy-- Oh my Gosh! I'm so psyched to see you guys again! Thanks for the warning-- I'll for sure wash-up
(haha)
I love the new necklaces! See you tomorrow. Get a good nights sleep! People WERE shopping at Stonecrop today, so take heart.
Post a Comment