Saturday, August 23, 2008

Don't You Evah

Check out Spoon in the player covering The Natural History's "Don't you Ever." I love this version, especially the beginning where you can hear Britt getting all snarky about the equipment. Been there buddy. All you rock scardy-cats will even like this so check it out. Very infectious.


This provided one of the few laughs during what was supposed to be my horrid, soul crushing day of cleaning. It was in the lot where I went to pick up my lunch. I literally drove back to my house and got my camera just to share this with you. I really wanted to hop out and write something rebellious right under this, but was too chicken and couldn't think of anything funny enough to risk capture. Any ideas???

Ok, true confession time-- my soul is actually pretty intact. I didn't give it the full-on cleaning try this week. I've had my butt pretty much glued to my chair (when it hasn't been on the seat of my bike) revising Dirt Nap, but I did do a little, to appease the hubster.

The other night he came home and plopped his fine self on the sofa. I greeted him and continued clacking furiously away at the keyboard. He was sitting there in one of his hipster -doofus get-ups (super pointy-collared retro shirts in extinct colorways and Dickie's work pants) eating cold pizza when he noticed I'd left a banana peel on the end table from lunch. Whoops.

He goes, "Ewe-- there's fruit flies over here now," and begins waving his hand about melodramatically.
I said, "Fruit flies? They're kind of tapping a dry well aren't they? I already ate the fruit part."
Then he says, "You're disgusting!" pointing a limp slice of pizza at me for emphasis.
Excuse moi?
"That's it," I said, "You're going in the blog!" and pretended to type even more furiously than normal with a maniacal grin on my face.
Then we laughed and laughed and laughed.
Then he said, "Really? You're just joking right?"
Nope.

I was so stoked to clean the whole house so when he came home there could be nothing but a little trail of banana parts leading out the door, luring the fruit flies back outside, to the great outdoors, but alas. When he came home that night the house looked much the same.

Next week I promise to do better.

4 comments:

katie said...

Now if it rains, the good Lord will be washing that car.

Be careful, Sue, or I'll ask Dan to join in on my blog. I'm going to call it: embarassing or just plain bad stuff about Sue. What do you think? xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Wow, sounds like you should have lots of material!

Luckily I am in possession of all those "euro trash" photos of us from the eighties instead of you... But then again you have the one of me sleeping in Vegas with my mouth hanging open. Uh-oh.

Unknown said...

I'm not a scare-d-cat. I listened. I liked.

Unknown said...

Always glad to know my childish name calling and goading has worked!
(heh heh heh)