Thursday, August 14, 2008

Gypsies, Tramps And Theives

Watched "The Pied Piper Of Hutzovina" last night and it was pretty cool. (click the link to see a trailer) Little gypsy kids jamming out in the streets in their underwear, this guy's creative quest to combine gypsy music with punk, and the film maker's unrequited love all made for a captivating hour and a half.

I hate to admit it, but band guys have always kind of appealed to me. There is something about the whole creative bad boy thing... you know what I'm talking about. You may not admit it but you know ladies... Come on now. Even this funny looking Czech dude was looking kind of interesting by the end of the movie. (Ok, you want embarrassing? I saw Rainn Wilson (Dwight -- wierd looking dorky guy from "The Office") drumming to "Back in Black" on Leno and even he started to look cool.)

Thank God the universe plunked down nice, mellow, stable Dan squarely in my path or who knows what kind of trouble I could have gotten into by now....

Although I still harbor fantasies about becoming a "band chick" someday, (hey, if Amy Tan can be in a band so can I) I'm only collecting imaginary cool boyfriends. Dan has nothing to worry about. Musicians are lovingly rendered however, in my writing. That part is fun.


0 comments: