Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Pluto And Her Hash Pipe

"I can't help my feelings I'll go out of my mind" (insert jammin', head-whipping guitars) "Oh--Come on and kick me"

Don't be a chicken, check out Hash Pipe in the player by Weezer. I don't actually have a hash pipe, but this song makes me feel like a total bad ass so there.

Recently someone who will remain nameless kind of broke-up with me. Since this person can no longer ground me, and I can no longer storm off to my room and slam the door (or to be more accurate-- use all my strength to forcefully close the door causing it to make a giant "whooshing" sound before stopping it just short of the door jamb, then fuming silently) we sometimes take a break. (Picture Ross from friends yelling, "WE'RE ON A BREAK")

So anyway, we've been seeing other people, you know... (awkward) and this morning we're having breakfast, trying-out being just friends. I think it's for the best really. When this mystery person told me she "no longer had any expectations regarding me what so ever" I replied (silently of course) "Finally we're on the same page -- whew!"

I've actually decided I'm not a horrible, bad, selfish person, but rather, like Pluto, am the same as I've always been, out there orbiting, doing my thing, just as I've done for millennia, but have simply been reclassified. That's right -- I'm Pluto. That's my new mantra for dealing with this unidentified person (whose name both begins and ends with an "M").

So today will be spent making nice, then spending time with my 94 year old grandma, running errands and hanging out visiting-- generally being a very nice and good person all day long, in other words, subverting some of my (apparently) more dominant characteristics. That's why I need me some Hash Pipe to begin the day with. Rock on dudes. Be Plutonic.

0 comments: