Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thrill Ride

Brief update from kid central:

Went to "The Mall of America" (huge mall in MN, probably viewable from outer space, with an amusement park in the center of it) and went on rides with the kids.

My 6 year old niece insisted I go on a particularly spinny ride with her involving lots of centrifugal force and screaming. Before the ride began, while we were imprisoned within the little car, our legs clamped under an iron bar, she tormented me with various disgusting effluvia while I struggled helplessly and failed at maintaining my authority. (Threatening to wipe her boogers on me, lick me, etc etc.) All of this she found hilarious.

Then the ride whipped us around and around and we screamed in unison many times repeatedly, laughing our heads off.

Then as the ride slowed to a stop and our laughing wound down to exhausted sighs of satisfaction I looked over and she was giving me giant, watery, little kid love eyes and smiling at me. Awwwe. Aunthood rocks.

0 comments: