Have some coffee this morning before you check out "Hotel Yorba" in the player by The White Stripes. I've posted about Jack White before. This guy will still be around thirty years from now doing his thing. I like his writing and he's about the only guy who makes me break into spontaneous (and really dorky) air guitaring and head whipping. Hotel Yorba is a little too mellow to induce much of that behavior but is a cool song so give it a listen.
No writing today until probably about 9 p.m. All I'm saying today is rejection always sucks, even if you still have hopes pinned to a lot of other cool people you're still waiting to hear from.
I'm behind on commissions. That seems to be my chronic state, but anyway... So today will be a total welding day. It's only going to be about 82 today. I was telling some friends last weekend when it's really hot and I'm out there in my leather apron, gloves, mask etc sweating by butt off I just remind myself there are people in Africa and India doing stuff like this in much hotter weather, probably with crappy equipment, who not only aren't making art, but don't get to go into their own house afterwards and take a shower and eat a good meal.
Shut up and weld Sue.
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment