Check out "The Middle" in the player by Jimmy eat World for swingy feel good rock.
I thought I was near the end of the process with "Dirt Nap", otherwise known as novel #1, but it turns out I'm back in the middle. I thought I was done. I've been querying it, but now feel it isn't ready.
I had an "incident" a couple of months ago, where the whole manuscript, which I had been keeping on an online server "in case", got eaten by said server. Poof. Gone. No, I hadn't backed it up anywhere else (just don't go there with me -- it's over ok?). Anyway, weeks went by while tech support issued occasional emails on their lack of progress at restoring my entire vaporized novel. I was a basket case. When I finally got it back it was imbued with a karmic haze of perfection. It was the one that almost got away. Huge!
Now I'm thinking I have more revising to do, make that knowing. It's good, I like it anyway, but it needs to be even more awesome. That's what I'll be working on, "awesomeizing."
By the way, Trusty Pam and I got the bikes up to 30 mph on a downhill today, and 27 on the flat shoulder of Jackson Ave. This is impressive, not even taking into account my bike, festooned with a handlebar hula girl and giant obnoxious bikebell is to bikes what the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile is to cars. What the heck, play "Everybody Get Dangerous" again too!
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment