Hey everybody -- it's Friday and playlist.com finally got "Everybody Get Dangerous" by Weezer so check it out in the player. As always, think about purchasing the music of artists you enjoy. This song taps directly into my arrested adolescence and gets me all rowdy.
I know it's only 10:30 a.m., but I give. I'd rather weld all day tomorrow than when it's 95 and super humid. The heron is coming along beautifully. I'll post a pic when it's finished. This is a good one.
Speaking of getting dangerous, how about getting illegal? (maybe, not sure yet) I've been reading up on "fair use" in terms of copyright infringement, hoping I don't run into trouble. My novel is the first in a series I'm working on that revolves around the paranormal, rock music, and a cast of off beat edgy characters -- a young psychic trying to decipher all the weirdness, a musician (drummer), a private detective, and a very sardonic, yet oddly lovable dead guy. I weave music throughout the stories, and when I allow myself to dream very big, envision tying the marketing into a soundtrack, maybe a downloadable mp3 file you'd get the code to in the book or something. (Some hipster geek out there will know how to make this work. I wouldn't want to make money off the music. This idea is more just a cross promotional thing.)
Both the publishing and music industries are going through some rocky changes. That makes room for innovative thinking, looking at doing things new ways. Check out "Rock's New Economy - Making Money When CD's Don't Sell"-- an interesting article that appeared in Rolling Stone in May. I'm thinking merging music and literature could be one "new way." What do you guys think? (don't be shy)
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment