The last couple of days have been pleasingly productive, and I've even managed to have some fun.
I started out the day today with a little Supergrass (It's a band, don't get too excited. Scroll down in the playlist to hear their new single "Diamond hoo-ha man.")
I got another chapter done, veering satisfyingly off the reservation by not following my outline religiously.
I got some more welding done on the heron.
I went to the driving range and tried whacking some balls for the first time ever with my buddy Jamie. I really scared the crap out of a few of them.
Last night I got to go for a nice fast kayak run on the swollen Mississippi with trusty Pam.
I took care of some boring stuff I've been procrastinating about, and queried a guy I'm feeling pretty sympatico with even though he isn't even aware of my existence.
The agent search is disturbingly similar to the relationships I have with some of my T.V. boyfriends. (They're all completely fictional - I'm very happily married - besides, in most cases I'm old enough to be their cool babysitter.)
The agents are quite real, but after reading their blogs for a while I start to feel like I know them, and the ones I wind up querying I really like. It's business and what you have needs to be salable for them or it's completely pointless, but it's hard to not feel pretty invested in these folks and their reactions to your work. Wish me luck, better yet, wish me crazy writing-fu skills and resonance.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Do I know who your T.V. boyfriends are? It better not be Owen :)
No, Owen, a movie guy, is safe from my gravitational field. I am nothing if not discreet. A gentlewoman does not imagine kissing, then tell...
Post a Comment