
When i visited my sister in Texas last Feb I learned to be less of a prima dona about how and where I write. I had to adapt because I needed to work, but wanted to spend time with her and my little niece and nephew.
I wrote after everyone went to bed into the wee hours. I wrote during mid afternoon nap times. At one point I wrote almost a whole chapter crammed in the back of their minivan on a road trip to San Antonio with my neice's little face peering over the top of my laptop screen smiling gap toothedly and issuing occasional commentary. "Boy, you type fast aunt Sue."
Today I began with writing, even though it made more sense to weld in the cool hours because that was just what needed to happen. My preference is really to just start the day writing and go until I run out. Check out White Stripes "Little room" in the player for some commentary about the creative process and getting going.
0 comments:
Post a Comment