Thursday, June 26, 2008

Gratutious Foo Posting

The Foo Fighters were formed around ten years ago when Dave Grohl, the drummer from Nirvana, struck out on his own after the death of Curt Cobain. Now I have to admit, I kind of have a thing for them. They win the "band I'd most like to beat at pingpong contest". I really think our coolness to dorkiness quotients match up nicely and we should start hanging out. (My story is chock full of music references including my beloved Foo's.)

This video (youtube wouldn't let it post directly. Just click the link.) isn't nearly as funny without my subtitles and amusing commentary, but it is Michel Gondry (Eternal sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Science of Sleep, and one of the weirdest and most disturbingly hilarious shorts ever starring David Cross (slow Donnie from "Just Shoot Me") as a hunk of Micheal's feces...) and therefore awesome.
(The blond girl in this video is the band's drummer Taylor Hawkins, one of the prettiest dudes I've ever seen.)

Check out the Foo's in the player. There's not a dud in the bunch if you're into straight ahead bangin' rock, and by all means check out Micheal Goundry's amazingly imaginative films (he's also done videos for The White Stripes, Bjork, and others).

Today will be spent querying, writing, tearing voraciously into an awesome new (to me) lit journal I've discovered (look for a review coming soon), and trying to resist giving myself another self-inflicted haircut wound to the head.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

New Lit Journal...ooh, which one? I truely miss some of the old ones that were SO good, namely Loonfeather...but Great River Review, Tim House, and Water, Stone are great.(i think I'm getting that last one wrong)
-Lynn

Unknown said...

It's called Postscripts. It's from the UK. I don't want to give anymore away just yet...