"I had opinions, that didn't matter, I had a brain, that felt like pancake batter. I got a backyard, with nothin' in it, except a stick, a dog and a box with somethin' in it."--Jack White
Rejection is never easy. At least this was a rip the bandaid off fast one. It was only a query letter so the agent never saw my actual writing. I may have gotten too cute, joking around a little. There's very little value in second guessing a two or three sentence "no". I still have three partials out there, and I haven't even finished querying my short list. When my partials went out I got all hopeful and optimistic and quit querying. Mistake, i think.
So, beginning the day with some White Stripes (scroll all the way down the playlist to hear "The Hardest Button"), then I need to get some welding done. Around lunch I think I need to get out and blow my pipes out with some hard pedaling, dispel some of the energy. Tonight a kayak run with the Hedtke powerstroke team (trusty Pam and daughter) should smooth out any remaining wrinkles. This weekend I'll climb back in the querying saddle. This business has no room for fragile cry baby's or quitters.
Fire nipples
2 days ago
3 comments:
You have been so proactive in gathering information and educating yourself in the ways of publishing that I can't help but thing that this is going to happen...it is just a matter of time. You're much too talented to be overlooked. It's beautiful out...have a good one...I have to quiry two more magazines this weekend myself.
Thanks pal. I hope you're right.
Yeah, what she said! It'll happen.
Post a Comment