Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Post opening recovery

The opening last Fri night went terrifically. I didn't have as much work as usual. My shop isn't quite finished yet so I've been confined to the driveway and subject to weather etc, but for eight weeks I worked like a fiend.It was all kind of a blur. Tons of incredibly well turned-out, good looking people showed up, lots of friends and family. I'm the blur in blue.
One of my sculptures attacked some woman. Just kidding.
Today is my day to reestablish some kind of order around here, as soon as I track down some caffeine. In the frantic run up to a show not a lot goes on besides working and basic hygiene. All I feel like doing is diving back down the rabbit hole of my story, but that will have to wait until tomorrow. Any writing time I carve out today will have to be devoted to queries and check backs.

Starting out the day with "Sun's gonna rise" by Citizen Cope -- a departure from heavy rock, but I defy you to shake nothing as you listen. (The longer version on iTunes has Santana chiming too, bonus.) It's near the bottom of the playlist. Scroll down -- and hey, get to work.

2 comments:

b_elliott said...

Oh, I so wish we hadn't missed your opening. Looks like a great turn out! Can't wait to see you and talk about it.

Anonymous said...

Very cool pics of your show...lots of interesting large pieces. Glad it went so well!