Sunday, June 1, 2008

What's a slag hammer?

Hey, and welcome to my first post. "Slag" is the crusty metal residue that clings tenaciously to the edges of cuts in steel. So the "slag hammer" is what knocks it off. I've been thinking, "be my slag hammer mama, knock all the nasty burnt-up crap off of me" could be a good lyric snippet. Imagine the Black Keys doing it... I was really into "Have love, will travel" today by them. Check it out if you haven't heard it yet.

My paranormal thriller DIRT NAP is making the query rounds. I have a few partials out so am obsessively checking my email both hoping for and dreading replies. I have other queries out that i should probably retry because the typical 4 week window has elapsed. Anyone out there querying believe me, they get lost. From my experience no one will become enraged at you for trying again. If they do it was probably not going to be a love connection anyway.
One agent in particular sounds like one cool-ass chicka and i'm soooo hoping she wants a full. We'll see.

On the art side of things I have a show opening next Friday that runs for a month. (My paying job is making metal sculptures) (so far) (someone take a shot and publish me please) This is a nice venue. I usually sell out there so that makes everyone happy. It seems the wealthy stay wealthy even in hard times, and -- luckily for me -- keep buying art. There's one piece i'm into big time based on a character from my novel. She's kind of a bandit queen and those who've seen her have said she's very formidable, in a good way. Gotta love a strong woman right?

0 comments: