Cosmic metaphor #1 -- Went on another lung-busting run on the mountain bike course with trusty Pam, but had to abort mission due to a nasty rock-induced foot blister. As we crashed through the underbrush towards the road and a shorter way out I stumbled (literally) across a rusty old cultivator disc. Those familiar with my art know what a great score that is. You'd think rusy old crap would just be lying all over the place, but it's not. Conclusion; even apparent defeat can produce unexpected pleasing results. Sometimes you're thrown off course for a reason.
Cosmic metaphor #2 -- Met up with my healer friend Cathy who shared with me how a heron that was hanging around her place, often within feet of her, seemed to be sent to teach her to be patient; if you learn patience, things will come in time. She observed how the bird hunted for fish, standing very still and letting the fish come to him, over and over.
I'm in the process of sculpting a large heron right now, and also being very impatient about the process of trying to find an agent. I'm not quite down with "just waiting", but perhaps something has been set in motion I'm unaware of. "Pray you'll catch the bus, but run like hell" is kind of my motto. Still kind of a cool heron-laden coincidence.
Fire nipples
2 days ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment