Hey people. My head is STUFFED with things I'm thinking about and want to talk about but I am still scrambling trying to get last minute things ready for the show. Let's just say after a nightmare 7 + hour load-out and delivery (to a show destination only an hour away) after a string of 12 - 17+ hours workdays, my art is (mostly) all at the gallery and should be all set up and looking great by tonight.
Once again I don't know what I would have done without Dan. Probably laid down by the side of the road and started bawling. Or set my jaw and sucked it up, because we do what we have to, but I am so grateful to have him to help me out when things go all fubar.
Normally my only job on the day of a gallery show is to moisturize, because I'm expected to show up looking presentable. I can bring it in the full-on ladywear when I have to, but it kind of feels like a costume to me. This makes it both more fun, and kind of nerve-wracking because I'm certain I walk around with some dorky hopeful/pained expression the whole time that gives me away as a rather reluctant adult. (You could probably tell from the race pics my comfort zone is being a giant eleven year old.)
Anyway--- akkk! What am I doing? I don't have time for this! Here-- Enjoy "sleepyhead", an infectious little electronica number from "Passion Pit". I promise a full update Monday. Have a good weekend.
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good luck with the show Sue!
See ya later.
I will say again good luck to you. I can only imagine the nerves.
Thanks guys! *blows kisses*
Break a leg!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment