Hey people. Today's Fav Music Fri is value-packed. I love it when art, music, and writing collide. As I've been telling you, I'm still frantically making art for my next show, but my brain is rapidly sliding into revisionland. This makes things like little hooks-- snippets of stories, catch my attention.
I've been hearing some Elvis Costello lately on The Current (One of the last decent music stations out there btw.) (And they have a new website, AND they stream...) A couple of songs have really grown on me. Check out this cool excerpt of "Complicated Shadows" below-- I love the mood, the inferences. It totally makes me want to know more. It's very much like the vibe of my stories.
Here's another I really like-- "Sulphur to Sugarcane." It's not the whole song which is sassy and sultry and cool as hell, but take a look at this clip.
These vids were both produced by Blip Boutique who used artist Takashi Kawashima. Can you imagine how cool a book trailer with the right music would be? For those non-writey types out there, book trailers are becoming huge. They're a great marketing tool, especially for YA (my genre). What better way to get buzz going on a teen book than a viral video? If I ever get to this point and actually have a budget, I'll be checking out places like Blip Boutique. (They are not boring- as you can see for yourself.)
This next one isn't connected to them (apparently). I couldn't find any information about who the director/artist involved was but it remains one of my fav's, and since Halloween is coming up again I thought I'd repost it. Enjoy "Walking With A Ghost" by the White Stripes, (original song by Tegan & Sara.)
Erm.. Okay- I guess it tells you who the director is right in the beginning of the vid. Hello! (Hey, no caffeine yet.) Again very in sync with all the stories rolling around in my head, about ghosts and intrigue, plus another great example of that cool silhouette style..
Today I'll once again be welding away out in my shop, jamming-out and trying to untangle about four plot lines. I have three weeks until my next show. After that I want to make a final pre-holiday push to get some stuff out to the galleries, but then am really looking forward to taking about three or four weeks and just writing my ass off.
Friday, October 16, 2009
Labels:
art,
fav music fridays,
marketing,
writing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment