First stop-- Axman in St. Paul, always a disturbia wonderland. Really, I don't know why people put up with all those obnoxious, loud, incontinent babies when they could just build their own super quiet well- behaved one that could be turned off with the flip of a switch. Instant babysitter!
Then there was this "display". When you're in the store, populated by hipster art geeks and sweaty, palid, hard core nerds collecting electronic components for their unibombs and fembots, stuff like this is all the more creepy. There was tons more, but I'm saving it for future posts.
Then we went to a place Linda and I had hit once about a year ago called "Hunt & Gather" in S. Minneapolis. OMG you guys-- the first thing I saw were these eyes! AAKK!
Everywhere we looked there was more creepage! I was in heaven! Check out this display with doll body parts presided over by Jesus-- or possibly some old time-y hippy. (Really-- how do we know?) Plus weird old medical beakers etc are always kind of ick... And look you guys-- globs of unattached hair! EEEEP! A masterpiece of odd!
Look at the attention to detail-- the way they made the antlers pierce the pumpkins, as well as, er... the heads, the eyeless heads...

It wasn't all dolls. There was other bizarreness. Look at the tag-- "He's smiling!" Sick. Clearly these people are on the same page as me. See Mom?? See??? It's not just me that's weird!
When they all come to life and begin shambling and floating around and hundreds of disembodied little kid voices begin chanting "Mommy, Mommy..." and crying, and wanting to be picked up? (~shivers~)








3 comments:
I won't be able to sleep knowing a place like that exists. Yikes!
I mean, the random baby doll parts in bird cage? I bet that display was there the day they opened and will remain there untouched until the day they close.
*shudder*
PS Love this post. :)
Struggling--
Believe it or no they change all their displays monthly!! I have no idea what they're going to do with all those doll parts. It seems like the whole store is just an outlet for their creativity/weirdness.
My son and I used to go to Axman in Fridley to find stuff to decorate his room and make art projects. Bad mother.
Post a Comment