Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Weird Wed-- They're BaAack.....

Hey people. It's all about the disembodied heads today. Check out this one, "EEEP! I have sky blue eyeshadow on and no hands with which to scrub it off!"

And this was actually in a locked glass display case. Just in case someone wants to steal the one eyed, decapitated doll head. Or the legless tiny doll next to it. Or the other partially dismembered naked doll behind it...

Even without bodies they project arrogance. YOU ARE NOT BETTER THAN US BITCHES! You're only HEADS!

Pouty-lipped emo boy and his twelve year old girlfriend. "People just don't get us."

"We, the committee, have ruled against you. You are not austere enough, and have no fancy hat. Be gone, peasant."

She was the only one who looked kind of fun-- like she maybe has a pistol in her handbag. But oh-- yeah, no hands. Nevermind.

"Just so you all know, I'm the *fanciest*." Her hair is actually kind of cute.

This isn't technically a head, but she had to go somewhere. First of all-- transgender? You tell me. Next there is the "Oh yeah-- I'm SO working it" posture, but what you can't see-- is that she has purple nail polish on, and it looks like she's making us check it out. Saucy.

When I was a kid I came up with a comic book character who was a wig head salesman by day. His briefcase was shaped like a head, and his car was full of heads. I got so caught up in that aspect of it I failed to give him any super powers, and nothing really interesting ever happened, besides head related misunderstandings. So you can see, I've always been incredibly strange.

In other SueNews:

My brain is being hijacked by writing stuff this week. It's like the writer in me has stomped into the art studio in my brain and swept all the paints and stuff off the tables and begun spreading out all kinds of complicated maps and talking a mile a minute about stuff I'm not quite following.

I'm convinced this is one thing that eff'd my ride up sun. (btw- I had so many more bruises the next day it wasn't even funny. I guess my little over the bars deal did do a little damage after all. Nothing serious though.) I can run and let stuff unreel in my head, but I can't ride like that. I'm not good enough yet. I have to think about my ride the whole time.

The timing on this could be better because I can't really dig in to any writing stuff until next month, but maybe by then things will have cooked down to something cohesive. In the meantime-- art to be made!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I came up with a comic book character who was a wig head salesman by day" - this needs to happen. I think Dark Horse comics or Vertigo would totally publish that :)

I could not have lasted in that place with all those creepy heads long enough to get a picture. *shudder*

Yay weird wednesday! :)

Maery Rose said...

That first head -- what's with the eyes going off in different directions?

Do you have characters dancing in your head? I'm trying to come up with some interesting ones but not quite feeling it and story line... Do you have to have a life to come up with one for your characters? Or can you live vicariously through them?

Anonymous said...

Oh, the head with the biggest hat...fave! Where does a girl get disembodied heads? Very Fancy...oh back to work...

linda thiltgen said...

Oh these are good. Again, Weird Wednesday did not disappoint. Thanks for the dose of humor. Look forward to laughting together in person soon.
:)

Unknown said...

Struggling-
I liked drawing him carrying his briefcase and everyone around him giving him weird, worried looks. But I was only like, 13, so I'm afraid Inspector Cluseau was my main influence. (yes. me = old)

Mary-
No, they're more like trying to kill eachother, being haunted by super scary ghosts, doing a lot of perscription drugs (and other stuff), and a little falling hard for eachother too.

Lynn-
Anne's Attic in Buffalo... It's a treasure trove of weirdness!

Linda--
I know. I'm thinking it's about time for another Axman run.

cardiogirl said...

I love the last photo because that transgender mannequin has hella attitude. I hope, some day, I can have the same self-righteous attitude as she does.

Especially while rocking a purple suit with matching nail polish.

p.s. Got here by way of strugglingwriter.