Friday, October 9, 2009

Time To Pretend

I'm feelin' rough, I'm feelin' raw, I'm in the prime of my life...
Hey people.
MGMT
is a group that has grown on me. Their music has this almost calliope-ish, galloping forward momentum, and a sense of humor too. In today's Fav Music Fri pic, "Time To Pretend" they send up the rock lifestyle-- "Let's make some music, make some money, find some models for wives."

I love how their videos show one of my own fantasies-- little "lost tribe" imaginary worlds. Shirtless cherubic rockstars drumming, surfing psychedelic rainbows, frolicking with the lost boys and girls and riding cats! It's like someone's imagination exploded onto the screen. What's not to love?!



Here's a "making of" video that's kind of interesting too.



In other SueNews:

Got back to biking the trail in the last couple days. Man, do I suck now! Oh well. That's what happens when you take a couple weeks off. Got to get back on it. Yesterday went better than the day before. I haven't completely lost it, but I know I'm way slower. Still very fun to be back in the woods which are mind blowingly beautiful now.

Art is still the main focus right now. I have another show in a month, but it's not a gallery show, so slightly less pressure in terms of the work itself, but I need to come up with salable things, smaller, gifty stuff. So it's still pretty labor intensive.

Writing-- I've been getting really positive reactions to my queries and 1st chapter so have a few fulls out there. One really cool agent wrote back a 2 page letter laying out all the pro's and con's of the manuscript as it stands, suggesting revisions. I may go that way-- it would involve a complete overhaul, breaking my one & 3/4 current manuscripts into a trilogy, but I've had my own reservations about the plot/s as they stand and think if I went at it again I could shore tings up significantly. We'll see. There are still some really good agents reading what I have.

That's it for now. Have a good weekend!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Feeling a little bit queasy after watching that video. Kind of like I took an overdose of something! Might get to take a trip this weekend to see your show! Reviews on Monday! Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

I likes the music, though i didn't watch the video.

Congrats on the query news and good luck with the biking. I had a couple weeks off from hockey due to conflicts so I will be tired Sunday at my game. At least I'll have my new skates!

Unknown said...

Kim-
An overdose of awesome maybe? ;)
Looking forward to your reaction. Have fun.

Struggling-
Oh-- You HAVE to watch it. It's like an acid trip w/o the acid. Rule the rink!

Maery Rose said...

Art show, queries, biking, you are my hero! I'm sure hoping November is the beginning of awesome writing creativity and I'll have something out there soon too. How's the biking going to go now with the cold snap? I saw quite a few people still riding in the Jay Cooke park yesterday but that's the tame trail riding. I even saw motorcycles out yesterday. Brrr!

Unknown said...

Mary--
Braving the cold this morning actually to get used to it. It's different riding with more gear on. I took a small spill last time and the main difference is you lose less skin, but bruises go through clothing apparently. ;)
I'm really chomping to get at the writing again in depth.

Anonymous said...

Good query news Sue...it's great to have positive input...I'm curious what the others will say. : )