Take a good look at me now, because after March 7th my face will have been rocked the eff off. In yet another futile bid for my affections, Dan Auerbach (of the Black Keys) has booked a show at 1st Ave in Minneapolis.
Some of you know our history-- how he has this obsession with me. I keep telling him I already have a Dan at home. But-- Can't blame a guy for trying I guess. You know I'll always love you honey, but we have to be just friends. (sniff) (That was him.)Speaking of imaginary almost boyfriends, my pretend ex, Dave, stars in today's video feature.
He has selfishly disabled the embedding, so you have to click HERE. This is one of the sexiest videos I've ever seen yo. TMI to be sure, but Dan has benefited greatly from this vid. If I was that girl I'd be on that glass like a mofo. I'd figure out some way to squeeze through that little vent thing. I wish you wuz on my back dude. Check :41 where he's grinning goofily for just a spit second. Oh Dave. You big goofball. He is still smokin' hot (Grammy performance eval-- grinning wildly while drumming his ass off for Paul friggin' McCarney-- yay! While wearing a shirt-- boo!). We broke up though because I kept beating him at ping pong and he just couldn't handle it. We're still good friends though. (He'd still be way into it if not for his new family man life.)In RL, Dan and I don't really do V-Day so much. I used to go with a guy who was super into buying me stuff-- flowers constantly, fancy dinners, clothes (he like to try to gussy me up), but it was really kind of ick because it was mostly about his ego. I never was a roses girl.
When Dan and I hooked up, he made a feeble stab at the traditional guy gift fiasco, but always pretty much sucked at the "romantic" stuff. We girls are pretty pre-programmed to believe the entire relationship hinges on these pivotal calendar days where the guy is supposed to miraculously become intuitive and sensitive and find the perfect way to express his deep love for us through the selection of a gift. Bonus points if this gift took some kind of huge effort on his part.
This is bull ladies. Guys aren't wired this way really. Some try, and some are better at this stuff than others, but it's not the yardstick you should measure your relationship by.
Dan sucks at picking out gifts, but his cards-- now usually embellished with a handwritten note just plain old telling me he loves me and how much he digs our life together-- are awesome. He shows his love in other ways, scraping my windshield and building my shop, and letting me do my thing unhindered, and chasing me around with a flashlight for a while before we totally make-out-- oh, sorry. I ventured into TMI-land again.
Have a good weekend. Try to shake something at some point. If you're not with anyone, love yourself up. Take that however you want. (Man you people are freaks.) ~~hug from me~~
1 comments:
Hugs to you and Dan too!!! (oh, and chocolate)
-Lynn
Post a Comment