As you can see Ray is still trying to poison my ass with cutosterone. Here he is pretending to be a bolster pillow. Look at his curled-up little feets-- or wait-- don't! I'm not sure if he can transmit through the internet at you. Better safe than sorry.
This horrible blurry shot is of a couple of holes I burned in my finger yesterday, and Annie pointedly ignoring me. "Let me know when you're ready to pet me, or feed me. Le sigh."I played a lot of White Stripes and Black Keys yesterday to dispell the suck of last week. Whew-- iPod = still awesome. I run on tune power. it probably tires me out more because I have to occasionally rock out and that uses up energy, but, it needs to be done. After listening some more, I do actually like some of Dan Auerbach's new album. I just had really high expectations and was looking forward to super dirty guitars and more oomph-- yelly stuff.
I almost made my goal of finishing the birch commission. Painted rusty steel is my favorite kind to work with but the absolute WORST to weld. So this one is taking forever because there's a million tiny tack welds all over it and it's too heavy to get onto the SuckWOW (bench). It's about 4' in diameter, so most of the welds yesterday involved a squat of some kind. Good workout anyway.
These people really like Asian art and that aesthetic-- lots of negative space and a weird asymmetrical balance. My version is surely some bastardized hybrid, but they seem to like it. Today I'll put on the finishing touches and open up the edges of the design more. Pics tomorrow.
As far as other stuff-- was exhausted after work yesterday but Trusty Pam dragged me out for an hour + 20 ski that woke me back up. (I told her when we met if she hung with me I'd turn her into an outside girl. I created a monster yo.) Then last night I got on a revision roll (another 35k down) and got sucked back into "Uglies" (cool book btw if you like kind of sci -fi stuff) and was up until, like, 3:30. Yikes.
Today after I finish waking up I'll weld up that commish, then run a little, then, yep-- more revision.
So-- would you be an "O FDL STX" person or an "EFF EFF EFF" person??? I'm kind of both. Maybe I should sell ball-chains separate so people can mix them together...
2 comments:
I love EFF EFF EFF. Put me in that camp. Can't wait to see the birch piece!
b_elliott--
hee hee. I like that too. I picture crabby tight-ass people squinting at them going, "wtf?"
hey!--wtf!
Feelin' sweary today yo.
Post a Comment